4) The Boys

In the morning I was woken by both Pansy and Daphne, rushing around the dorm working out how much they could alter their uniforms whilst avoiding getting a detention.

"Morning guys" I say, looking over at the clock "Its quarter to seven, why are you already up?"

"Because it's the first day back? Duh. Got to at least try to make this boring old uniform look half decent" Pansy replied as though it were obvious, looking over at me with her head tilted as she put an earring in.

"Oh, right"

I jumped out of bed and began to get dressed, thankful I'd gotten my uniform ready last night.

"You can sit with us at breakfast?" Daphne offered, rolling her skirt up once more.

"That would be great actually, thanks"

I attempted to fit in with the other two, leaving the top few buttons of my shirt undone, applying some eyeliner and mascara. After all, first impressions count. It wouldn't hurt to make an effort.
When we were all ready, I followed the two girls down into the common room.

"The boys are probably already there" Daphne stated, walking up the dungeon stairs and out into the corridor.

"There's Blaise" Pansy smiles, giving him a girly wave. I look over to see the handsome boy she mentioned last night, grinning back at her and winking.
Ok these two are obviously together.
Blaise was sat next to another extremely attractive brunette boy, and a blonde - who I suddenly realise is Malfoy.

These are the people that took our carriage last night. Pushed Harry. And I'm about to sit down for breakfast with them. My eyes dart over to the Gryffindor table, hoping my three friends from yesterday aren't about to see this interaction - luckily they're nowhere to be seen.

"Morning ladies" The brunette smiles cheekily as I sit down in the seat opposite him, Pansy and Blaise cuddling up together on my left.

"Morning Theo" Daphne responds as she and Pansy start to fill their plates.

"Who's the new girl? He asks with a smile, looking me up and down. Almost flirting? I can't tell.

"This is Aurelia, she's our new roomie" Pansy states.

"She's Potters friend" Malfoy looks over with disgust. He remembers me.

"Oh, not really. I mean, we only just met yesterday"

"Well I'm Theo, nice to meet you" The brunette says, brushing his hair aside with his fingers. "This here's Zabini, and Malfoy"
Blaise nods over in my direction, a mouth full of scrambled egg. Malfoy just watches, almost like he's working me out.

"Hi"

"What do you think of Hogwarts then? like it so far?" Theo questions.

"Yea, it's much more impressive than my old school - mine was much smaller. Not great really, they would let any old wizard teach at that place" I appreciate Theo making an effort with me.

"Well Aurelia, if you ever need anyone to show you round or anything, you come find me yeah?" he nods, leaning back on the bench. I can't help but eye up his broad shoulders. "I can show you-"

"She will manage Nott, don't waste your time" Malfoy interrupts looking fed up with me already, his eyes cold and expression blank.

"Oh shut up Malfoy, he's just being nice. You should try it some time" Daphne poked at him "Why don't you go find Tori, she's been talking about you all summer"

"No"

"Oh come on"

"Astoria will come find me herself" He said bluntly. I Wondered who Astoria could be. Whoever she was, Malfoy didn't seem too bothered about her.

"Hey mate, why dont you invite her to the party tonight?" Blaise suggested, only to be met with a disinterested shrug.

"Party?"

"Yea, we have one every-time term begins. In the Slytherin Common room. You'll be there right?" Theo looked hopeful.

"Yeah course she'll be there Theo, she's coming with us girls" Pansy smiled over at me, nodding in encouragement.

"Yeah course" I grin, grateful to be included.

For the rest of breakfast, I sit mostly in silence. Only replying when the others talk to me.
I think about tonight's party. Slytherin's only.
Hopefully it's a good opportunity to get to know people better and make some real friends.
These guys don't seem too bad - apart from Malfoy of course.
I remember Harry's advice and turn around once again, wondering if he's come down for breakfast yet.
This time I see them. All three of them looking back at me. Their eyes burning into me, I question what I'm doing here. In Slytherin, the 'bad' house.

It should have been Gryffindor.

I get up and leave for my first lesson.
"Got to go" I mumble. "See you guys later"
And before they can reply, I leave, pulling out my timetable and searching for my first lesson.