3) Dorm 34

After most people had finished with the huge feast and people slowly began to filter out of the hall, I was approached by a lanky Slytherin boy.

"Hey - Aurelia right? I'm Arron, the er, Slytherin Prefect. If you come with me I'll show you to your dorm."

"Oh thanks. Yeah, lead the way"

Slytherin's common room was located in the dungeons of the castle. Lovely.
Arron led me through the serpent green infused common room and up into the girls dormitories. Stopping outside room 34.
"This here's your room, your luggage should already be inside, plus your Slytherin robes. Just remember curfew's 8pm and the password for the common room is pure-blood. If you need anything else I'll be around here somewhere. Just shout - oh and you're sharing with two others, cool?"

"Erm yeah? I guess. Thanks a lot Arron"

He smiles at me awkwardly. "Later"

I knew I'd most probably be sharing dorms, but that didn't make me any less nervous to find out who my roommates would be. Now I knew I was a Slytherin, I wasn't convinced that we'd get along.
With a deep breath, I step inside.

Two girls were chatting eagerly whilst walking around putting away their things. When they saw me, they turned and stopped.

"Err, Hey. I'm Aurelia. I'm your new roommate"

"Oh Hi, we were wondering who we'd get stuck with this year" the lighter haired girl joked, looking full of regret when she noticed my concerned expression. "I'm Daph, this is Pansy"

"Hey" I smiled, unsure of the two.

"That there's your bed, sorry you kinda got the worst spot" Pansy said pointing over at the bed furthest from the door.

Overall the room wasn't too bad. We each had a chest of drawers, bedside table and a single four-poster bed complete with pillows and a Slytherin green duvet. At the foot of the bed stood a wooden trunk, most likely for storing schoolbooks and parchment.
Three windows placed between each bed, let a dim light into the room. A murky green colour visible through them - Arron had mentioned that Slytherin's common room was located under the black lake. It was water, I realised.
In my corner of the room another door leads into our en-suite.

"No worries" I notice my luggage on the bed and begin unpacking too.

"So.... Aurelia? You're new, where have you come from? Daphne questioned. Both of them looking to know more.

"Baxter's"

"Yeah, I've head of it. You a Pure blood?"

"No. Half. Does it matter?"

"Course not. Just wondering. Most Slytherin's are. Might have known your parents"

Awkward silence filled the room.

"Well, I'm going to go find Blaise. Have fun you two" Pansy got up, walking towards the door.

"Wait Pans, I'll come with you. I haven't seen the boys all summer. You wanna come Aurelia?"

"Oh no thanks, I think I'm just gunna get settled tonight"

"Fair enough. See ya later on"

"Yeah, see ya" I replied. But they had already left.