12) Slytherin vs Gryffindor

AN: If anyone knows who's art I've used here please let me know so I can credit them! Hope you're all enjoying so far. :)

"I wish you were my partner Theo" I complained sulkily as we walked together to my second potions class.

It had been two days since we'd kissed in the forest and we'd been practically glued to each other's side since, although he hadn't attempted to kiss me again. Not yet anyway.

"Malfoy's not so bad." Theo defended the blonde, smiling at my disgruntled expression "he's actually quite good at potions too"

"I don't care!  It's not like he actually helps me anyway. I'd rather struggle alone than have him sniggering at me all lesson."

"I thought he did help you last time?"

"He did... but only because Snape made a comment. I expect more from you Malfoy" I mocked in Professor Snape's monotone voice.

We arrived at the classroom to find that the class had already gone in. So without further delay, we followed.

I paused as I saw Malfoy.
Sat at our table from last lesson, platinum blonde hair on full display as he faced the front of the room.

God, I just want this lesson to be over with already

"I'll wait for you outside after" Theo pats my shoulder and gives me an encouraging smile before wandering over to Daphne.

Hesitating slightly, I walk over to my seat.

"Ah" Malfoy spoke in a disinterested tone as I threw down my books "was beginning to think you'd ditched me"

"I wish"

"Hmm"

Our lesson was an extension of the last. I continued to brew the veritaserum, only it was easier to handle now the main ingredients had been stewing.

Draco was as helpful as expected. Fiddling with the vials, trying to distract Blaise and generally avoiding doing any work. He was surely the worst person I could have been partnered with.

"Coming to down to the common room tonight, Greenwood?" He finally spoke to me. He'd clearly run out of other things to do. That was normally the only reason Draco Malfoy ever spoke a word to me, because he was bored.

"Probably. Why?"

"There's supposed to be somewhat of a Party tonight. After Quidditch. Theo didn't mention it?"

"No. He didn't actually"

"Probably assumed the girls would tell you"

"Who is it you're playing tonight? I mean- you are on the team aren't you?"

"Of course I am." He scoffs "It's Gryffindor. Looks like I'm up against your little friend Potter. Would be a shame if someone were to knock him off his broom...don't you think?"  Draco looked me in the eye as though we were searching for a reaction, a devilish smile on his pale face.

I don't respond, refusing to give him the satisfaction.

We finish the remainder of the lesson without further conversation. When I go to leave, Theo is outside. Just like he said he'd be.

"Hey you" he wraps an arm round my shoulder, filling my nose with his musky scent "Wasn't so bad now, was it? He asks. 

"Are you talking about Malfoy or Snape?"

"Both I suppose" he grins.

"It was dreadful"

"Aw come on, Malfoy's a hundred times more bearable than Snape."

"That's debatable" I giggle

"So...You're playing Gryffindor tonight? When do you need to be on the field?"

"I haven't got that long actually. Should probably leave in the next half an hour if I want to get there on time. Hey, you'll be there cheering me on right?"

"Of course"

"I'll walk you to the great hall? I think that's where Pans and Daph were headed. Then you three can all walk down together"

"Sounds like a plan Theo"

"For fucks sake - I really hope the rain stops soon. Why did it have to rain tonight? Of all nights?"

I was stood waiting in the Quidditch stalls with Daphne and Pansy. The sky thick with grey rainclouds. When we'd first left the castle it was spitting slightly, but it was undeniably getting heavier. Luckily we were wrapped in our scarves, green of course to show support for our boys.
For Theo.

"It's shit weather" Pansy agreed with Daph "No way am I leaving though. It's Blaises' first game of the season. Plus they're up against Gryffindor - it's always fun to see the Gryffindors loose"

"GOOD EVENING WITCHES AND WIZARDS. STUDENTS AND TEACHERS..."
A voice boomed announcing the start of the game and introducing each team.

The boys flew out into the field, suited up with their leather gloves and green sports robes. They looked extra boyish, strong and scruffy in the rain.

Blaise immediately searched the stalls for Pansy, flying by and shooting her a giddy smile, Theo following slightly behind to wink and flex his muscles in a jokey fashion.
Draco wasn't interested in finding us, instead glaring over at Harry and Ron.

Before I had a chance to process what was happening, the game began, each player wizzing after a different contraption.
I tried to keep an eye on each of them, which was easier said than done when they all played different roles, especially when it was raining. Blaise a beater, Theo a chaser and Draco the seeker.
But still, I desperately tried to keep up.

"ONE POINT FOR GRYFFINDOR!"

Celebratory screams pierced the field earning scowls from the Slytherin's.

I searched for Theo, the rain increasing and wind now howling.

5 minutes passed..
Then 10..
Then 15..

Still nothing had happened. Until finally.

"ONE POINT FOR SLYTHERIN. WE'RE TYING!"

Closely followed by..

"GRYFFINDOR SCORES AGAIN! THATS 2:1! ONLY FIVE MINUTES REMAIN!"

Great, now we're fucked" Daphne shouts over the elements.

"WAIT- IS THAT? YES! DRACO MALFOY HAS CAUGHT THE GOLDEN SNITCH! SLYTHERIN ARE THE WINNERS!"

A roar burst from Slytherin's stalls, students clapped and cheered.

"WOOOOO"

"GO SLYTHERIN"

"Oh my god Blaise did it! They've won" Pansy gushed, probably happier than he was. Their relationship was so sweet.

"Looks like we've got some celebrating to do" Daphne smiled.

It didn't take long for people to clear out of the stalls, not wasting any more time out in the cold autumn rain.

"Let's go" Pansy grabs both our arms "the boys will take ages getting changed anyways. No need for us to stand out in the rain waiting. Let's get out of these clothes"

And off we went, eager to celebrate our win.