One.

__________________

__________________

Kate Quinn walked into her new job, she looked at the fire trucks with wide eyes; feeling like a child on Christmas.

The place was bigger then where she was before, but then again it didn't take a lot to be bigger then Ireland. She left a month ago, packed up all her things and moved to LA to join one of the best Fire stations in the country, she never expected to actually get in but it was still only probationary. She had to retrain due to her moving 5000 miles away

She wasn't leaving much behind her, her father died when she was 14 in a house fire which was when she knew she wanted to be a firefighter. The only things she was going to miss was her mother; they were as close as a mother and child could be. Kate loved every second with her.

The second person she'd miss was her older brother, they were closer then most siblings but they kept each other safe throughout the years. If it wasn't for his wife and kid he'd have probably moved with her

"Hey, I'm here to see captain nash" someone spoke to her.

Kate looked to her left and noticed the man, he had tan skin that seemed to glimmer with the sun; his dark hair was quiffed back,  He removed his sunglasses to reveal deep brown eyes.

"oh, me too" she nodded, her accent feeling stronger then usual.

"Far from home?" He asked

She gave a nod "Yeah, I wanted bigger things, you?"

"I just graduated last week"

"Your name?" Kate asked

"Eddie Diaz, you?" He asked in return.

"Kate Quinn" she smiled politely "so I guess we are both the new kids" she joked

Eddie chuckled "yeah I guess so"

"Well I don't want to slack on my first day, so I'm going to get changed"

Kate walked further into the building, looking around the fire house as she took in her bearings. She couldn't help but stare at the beautiful trucks, things were so different over here and she was still trying to process it all.

She found her way to the changing room, glancing down the paper she looked back up and found her locker.

Kate quickly changed into her uniform, small beads of sweat glistened from her forehead as she buckled her pants. The country was so hot, all the time; she knew adjusting to this type of climate would be hard but she really wasn't appreciating the heatwave that decided to hit on her first day.

"Kinda nervous, you?" Eddie asked, walking in

"Yes" she exhaled, "kinda hard not to be when you are from a small country no one ever goes to and you move to the land of dreams"