Six.

Kate walked into her living room, she had woken up surprisingly early for someone who was as drunk as she was. She had vague memories of last night, one being his buck brought her home.

She walked over to the couch and shook Buck awake "rise and shine Buckley"

Buck awoke with a low groan, he sat up and rubbed his eyes "hey, sorry I didn't wanna leave you last night"

"Just tell me now, did I talk about my boobs, I remember saying something about them"

"Just how great they were" buck teased.

"Oh god" Kate groaned, remembering the vague memory "i threw up and then called you.. I didn't getting sick again did i?"

"No" he stifled a laugh, "how you feeling now?"

"Mortified could be a word"

"Don't be, I'm glad you called me instead of an Uber" he reassured

"I left some fresh towels for you, incase you want to shower"

"Thanks, I think I will" he nodded

Buck left the couch, walking into Kate's bathroom.

Kate neatened up the couch, after doing that she fed milo and left him two bowls of water like she always did. She clicked on the kettle and waited for the water to boil.

Whilst she waited she turned on the radio, letting music flow through her apartment, the song these days played

Kate hummed along unknowingly, her humming progressed into mumbling the words with some tune which then turned into her singing it as she made her morning coffee

"I hope someday we'll sit down together
And laugh with each other about these days, these days" Kate sang along to the song

Buck walked out of the bathroom, he stopped when her heard the sound of Kate singing happily to the song and for a moment he couldn't help but watch.

"All our troubles, we'll lay to rest and
We'll wish we could come back to these days, these days" she continued to sing

Kate turned from the counter, her heart skipping a beat as she noticed Buck was watching "give a girl some warning" she exhaled, almost spilling coffee on herself.

"You've got a beautiful voice" he complimented

"Well I hoped you savored it because it doesn't happen often" she told him,

"What you got stage fright or something?" He asked

"No, I just don't do it as much" she shrugged, a small silence fell between them, Kate wasn't sure why but she decided to admit the real reason "I used to sing with my dad, after he died it never felt the same"

Buck frowned, feeling bad for asking

"It's fine" she reassured, she got used to reading the face of condolences "we'd eh, we'd dance around the sitting room singing along to Elvis or the Beatles - they were his favorite. He used to sing this song, love grows and call me his little rosemary"

"That must have been hard after he died"

"Kinda blocked it out for a while, moved on without addressing those feelings and eventually they caught up." She explained, "but he always told us if he goes don't waists time missing him, spend time loving someone the way we'd miss him."

"I like that, he sounded wise" Buck smiled warmly

"You know a surprising amount about me now, I came here vowing to keep everything a secret" Kate joked