Twenty-one.

Kate walked into the changing room, she only had about ten minutes before she'd be back in the truck and out in the streets of LA. She planned on using those 10 minutes to catch her breath from the last call.

Buck walked Into the changing room, noticing how quickly Kate had rushed off

"Kate" he turned the corner of a locker and noticed her sitting on the bench. Her breaths staggered as she felt tears threaten to fall.

"I don't know what's happened" she mumbled, taking in a staggered breath.

Buck walked over to her, crouch down in front of her "what's going on?"

"I don't know" she admitted honestly , a few tears rolled down her cheeks "I kept getting these... these flash memories that only seemed like seconds long"

"That's why you kept zoning out" he realized

"I don't know what's happening" she cried quietly

"Hey, it's okay. I got you" Buck soothed her, he stood up and pulled her into his arms, rubbing circles around her back "I got you" he whispered

Kate remained quiet, only letting the occasional cry pass her lips. Her heart pleading for an end to the pain. Buck held her for the short amount of time they had.

Kate pulled herself from bucks arms, wiping her eyes "sorry" she sniffled

Buck shook her head "Don't do that, don't apologize. I told you I'm here for you, no matter what"

"I hate feeling so... vulnerable" she admitted

"You don't have to be strong all the time, you can cry with me okay. You don't have to put up a front for me"

Kate nodded, she walked over to her locker and pulled out the make up kit for the second time today, she dabbed some concealer around her eyes hoping to cover some of the redness. "I gotta stop crying at work"

Buck wrapped his arms around her waist from behind, resting his head on her shoulder "you gotta start talking to me T" he sighed

Kate dropped the concealer into her bag "that's the thing Buck, I don't even know where to start. I was fine until his anniversary and now all I do is think of him. More then usual"

"Maybe you should try therapy" he suggested, "it might actually help"

"Maybe" she shrugged, "but right now we have work to do" she tapped his cheek and walked away from him, determined to get her head back in the game.

...

After driving round town for what felt like hours, chimney called Buck, telling them that there was a street on fire. Kate thought he was being dramatic till they reached the street, smoke sheeted over the ground, random explosions of fire burst from the ground. It looked like hell on earth

"Oh my god" Kate stared at the house that was lit up in flames, saying a silent prayer. A distant memory was brought back, the day her childhood home was burned to dust.

"Buck, Kate up on the ladder" Bobby told them

They both gave a nod, they ran to the truck and navigated it through the smoke, getting as close to the house as possible