Thirty - nine.

_______________________

"I know you are really worried about your brother, but can I fix up your scratch?" Kate asked the young girl, she nodded through her cries.

They were called out because of an assumed missing child, athena explained why she believed it wasn't an abduction; there was an old well on the land and she guessed the young boy wandered too far, the 118 branched out and began to look, except for Kate who wanted to make sure the other girl was okay.

"So, I'm gonna wipe this with a disinfectant wipe, it might sting a little okay" Kate explained, the smell of the wipe stinging her nose

She nodded, Kate took the wipe to her forehead and gently rubbed the bleeding scrape "good job" she smiled

Kate rubbed the cream on her wound and let her chose a plaster.

"Princesses, I like those too"

"Are you going to find him?" The boys mother asked

"My team are doing their best right now, but we don't give up." Kate reassured

"Do you have any kids?" Joy asked

Kate cleared her throat, she took in a small breath. The question making her feel queasy "A son, two years old" Kate replied, sticking the small plaster over the girls scrap.

"So then you know, you know that pain of the idea of losing your child"

"More than I want to" Kate nodded, "we are gonna get him out okay, but right now you need to try and stay calm. I know it's hard but you've got to stay calm for him"

Kate turned around, taking in some more breaths. Feeling overwhelmingly nauseated, she was not about to vomit at work.

"Excuse me" Kate mumbled, keeping a cautioned hand over her mouth.

Kate walked round to the side of house, the only place were someone wasn't near. After a few seconds of trying to convince her brain otherwise, she was gagging out the contents of her lunch, regretting that she even came into work.

"Woah, you okay?"

Kate rolled her eyes, she wiped her mouth and turned around to the Latino "perfectly fine"

"Mmm, pretty sure you just spilled your guts" Eddie pointed out,

"Just ate something bad" she shrugged

"Buck told me you were sick a few days ago, you sure you're okay?" He asked,

Kate sighed "I'm fine Eddie, just under the weather"

"Kate are you.. pregnant?" Eddie asked quietly, stepping closer to her.

Kate erupted into a fit of laughter, keeping her giggle quiet in respect to the circumstances of their whereabouts