Seventeen.

_____________________

Kate crawled along the floor of a themed restaurant, looking for the nose of an employee; wasn't exactly how had planned on spending the night but it wasn't the worse thing she could be doing.

"Anything" Eddie asked them

"Not yet." Kate shook

"It's not like it can roll."

"Maybe it bounced."

Kate shone her flashlight, ignoring how the two boys debated where the nose could have gone.

"Oh, how'd Maddie like the tree?" Kate asked, remembering Buck and chimney wanted to surprise her with one.

"Not good, she freaked out and we had an argument"

"Why'd she freak out?" Eddie asked

"She said she didn't want to do Christmas this year, probably because of her ex" he assumed

Kate took a small break, looking over to Buck "Buck sometimes when a holiday has been so bad for so long it's hard to find the memories when it wasn't. Decorating an Christmas might just bring Back the bad for Maddie"

"She's got a point" Eddie agreed

"I mean I absolutely love Christmas but when I think about it, I'm brought back to a year ago when I spent the season watching my ex fiancé drink himself into a state. Bad memories resonate bad feelings"

"You ever considering being a therapist" Eddie joked, still searching for the nose.

Buck stopped at the sight of a nose, he held it up "hey I found it"

"Santa won't be taking your nose this year" Kate cracked a joked, which somehow made the girl laugh.

*

Kate watched happily as Christopher made his way over to Santa. A Toothy grin painted on his face.

"God he's adorable" Kate gushed

"I really admire that kid. I love the way he always wants to do everything on his own."

"I'm gonna go grab a hot chocolate, do youse want one?" Kate asked

"Could you get one for Christopher?" Eddie's asked

"Yeah sure" she nodded

Kate made her way over to the van, it wasnt far away from where she was standing, the smell wafting through the air sparked a sudden craving.