Three.

__________________________

Kate walked into her apartment, she dropped her gear and huffed. Her mood had declined rapidly as the day went on, she glanced down at her watch it was early in Ireland. Maybe too early to call her mam, or maybe she didn't want to at all.

She walked into her room and landed on her bed, she stared up at her ceiling bored. Her mam should have called, or maybe Kate should have called, someone should have called.

Kates phone rang, she grabbed it and hoped for her mothers caller ID, disappointment flooded as it was Buck.

"Yes?" She answered, in a questionable tone.

A small laugh came from the other end "you sound confused"

"Why are you calling me..24 hours ago you pretty much hated me"

"You seemed weird. I wanted to check on you" buck explained.

"Nothing you wanna know about" she replied,

"Try me" he offered

Kate sighed "it wasn't exactly a fight. But neither one of us has called. And she always calls"

"Maybe she's waiting for you to call"

"Maybe" Kate shrugged

"Can I asked what happened?"

"She just wanted to do something I don't agree with, she's always so keen on helping people she forgets what made them need help to begin with" she explained, extremely vaguely "I just wish she'd see my point of view"

"I don't really know what's going on, but your mom sounds like a good woman who Just wants to help" he spoke softly

"Buck come on, you are suppose to be on my side" she whined

Buck laughed "well I would need to know what's going on to do that"

"Whatever, distract me; what's yo with you" She asked

"How do I know if I'm being ghosted"

"Oh, they just don't respond.. I think"

"Okay, how do I know if I'm being ghosted long distance" he Reiterated

"Oh?" Kate sounded confused "Where is she?"

"Traveling, her mom died and she couldn't be here anymore. Now I'm living in her place and waiting for her to come back"

"Long distance can work, not every couple is doomed to failure"