(3) Beer

✯ ✯

LISA's POV

Whoever he was, he had to have heard my half of the phone conversation and my most frustrated reaction ever, which was more than enough to cement my reputation as one of history's great dramatic beings.  There was a clink and hiss of a drink being opened, it was a lager, and he held it out to me. The perspiration on the bottle glistened as light from within reflected off it.

"Thank you." I took a step closer, close enough to see him even in the dim light, and took the bottle from him.

Screw my life. Confirmed. It was no other than Jeon Jungkook.

My life's high point has arrived. So, back in college, I may have had one or two Zero O'clock images on my bedroom wall. Okay, there could have been a couple more but who cares! The point is that there was just one poster depicting the entire band. At the very least, the photographer assumed it was a group shot. Jin stood in the middle of the stage, his face distorted as he screamed into the microphone. Jimin and Taehyung burning over their guitar and bass respectively at his sides, half cloaked in shadow. Jhope stood beside the guitarist, drumsticks in hand, waving to the crowd.

But none of that mattered. No, not at all.

Because Jungkook, who was on the bassist's side, was a few meters away from his Hyungs. He was staring at them and grinning from ear to ear. His gaze was fixed on the other members of the band, as if he was ecstatic to have them in his life. A genuine shot, indeed.

How many times had I sat in my bed, exhausted from a long day at college, staring at that poster? And then suddenly, he appeared right now, right here in front of me.

During such a handover, our fingertips grazed in an almost unavoidable way. He couldn't possibly have missed my tremors. He remained silent, thankfully. I dashed back to my perch on the cliff's edge, a beer in hand, leaning nonchalantly. People that were cool leaned. They appeared unconcerned.

He gave a quiet chuckle, letting me know that I wasn't fooling anyone.

He then sat forward, his elbows resting on his knees. I was transfixed as his face came completely into the light. Stunned, I was at a loss for words.

There were no second or third thoughts about that. Without a doubt, it was him.

The man had a brow and lip piercing. His right arm was full of tattoos. I'd never understood the appeal of those things before, not until I saw him, wearing all of it.

I stared too much. There was an obvious gleam in his eye and a hint of smirk. Fact about me. I hate people who smirked.

"I'm Jungkook," he said.

"I–I know who you are," I stuttered.

"Obviously." His smirk widened. I refrained myself from rolling my eyes as I kept my mouth shut.

"Rough day, huh" he commented. I was still speechless. The best I could come up with was a frozen gaze.

Why was he out here in the dark? The man's reputation, obviously, was the center of attention. But there he was, alone, drinking and hiding, just like me. When I noticed he slowly got out of his seat and stretched, that relieved me. He'd go back inside, and I'd be free from the humiliation I've turned myself into. There'd be no need for me to try to strike up a discussion.

However, he didn't leave. Instead, he approached me, his slim, muscular figure moving with reckless elegance. Visibly, he was taller than me as I tried to angle up my face at him. Was he attempting to intimidate me on purpose? If that's the case, then good for him and bad for me because he'd succeeded.