(21) The Bass Player

✯✯

LISA's POV

"This Saturday? Yes, I'm available. Thank you Ma'am." I received a call from LK, and yes another shoot for me!

I opted to jog around the neighborhood because I was up too early. It was good to get my day started on a positive note. I wouldn't mind running for half a mile if it were constantly like this. I stopped for a while as I slumped over and gasped for breath because talking while running wasn't that too easy for an inactive woman like me. This suggested I should start enrolling myself in some activities.

When I felt the sun grew brighter I decided to go back now. I hoped Bam cooked a good breakfast for me today. Arriving at the condo unit, I didn't expect everyone to be here. What's going on?

"Hi Lalisa!!" Rosie greeted me as she unclasped from Jimin's arm.

"Hello. Oops, I'm sweaty." I said back while she hugged me immediately.

"Come Cous! Jin baked for all of us." Bam invited me, his hands were ready to jump at Jin's big apple pie.

"Try this Lalisa. You'll love it." Jisoo pulled me as Jennie gave me bottled water.

"Drink first. How much did you run this morning?" Jennie asked, her face looked worried.

"Isn't it a bit early for you to be so worked up?" Jimin interrogated.

"Right! Are you okay, Lalisa?" Rosie took my hands.

The room was filled with whats, whys, and overall murmurs of dissatisfaction. It was far more than I had anticipated. Except for one guy, who was merely playing with his plate, I was surrounded by a sea of gloomy faces. But, in any case, this amount of attachment was both surprising and touching.

Even if we all barely got along, their reactions caught me by surprise. So, they really cared for me. I was moved.

"I'm fine, I just need an active lifestyle. That's all." I said, my defensive mode instantly fully engaged.

"That's a relief. I was about to give Jungkook a spank" Jin said, cue the intense staring competition between the maknae and the hyung.

"Jungkook has nothing to do with this." Of course, I couldn't tell them the issue between us. It was better this way and I bet he also preferred to keep this a secret.

Jungkook tensed, seeming to distance himself. Chocolate eyes stared off into nothing.

"So she needs to get a life, is the problem?" Jhope said, pushing back from the table, giving himself some space.

"She needs to mix things up a bit. Being with the golden maknae all the time isn't necessarily the party you'd imagine." My cousin half smiled. Seriously, what is he trying to say now?

"Ohh. She's bored? We can fix boredom." Jisoo studied me from three seats down.  And all of this gave me a very bad feeling.

"Guys, this is a personal matter, not a group project. Thank you for caring, but—"

"No, pretty girl." Jhope studied me over the top of his banana milk.

"I don't think she's bored so much as she needs a friend. A special friend, if you know what I mean." He continued.