(8) Breakdown

✯ ✯

LISA's POV

Jungkook was losing it.

Something slammed on the opposite side of the hotel room door, shuddering it. Voices could be heard within, but the words were difficult to understand. I might just sit in the hallway for a while.

After a month of controlling my patience with Jungkook, this was the first time I heard his breakdown.

"Hey." Jisoo wandered toward me in a simple black dress, her fingers twining nervously. Her black hair had been pulled back into an elegant bun.

"Hi." I replied but still feeling uneasy.

"Jin is talking to him." She assured me.

"Okay." I sighed, hoping for Jungkook to be calm.

The band and their entourage had just been in Busan for a week, and Jungkook had been in a foul mood since our arrival. It's a lot worse than usual. From what I could gather, it was the week of his parent's death anniversary.

More muted shouting. Another thump.

"I shouldn't have gone out for breakfast." When I left the band earlier, he was still okay but when I got back, all I heard now was him slamming his anger in his room.

"His sister called. I think she just got into a minor accident and Jungkook panicked after hearing the news from her." Jisoo explained.

"Is she okay now?"

"Somi is fine. Jungkook just doesn't want his sister to get hurt, especially since he's not around with her. You see those two are really close." I found it sweet when I heard her say that.

"This one is mine." I blamed myself. If only I didn't leave, maybe I was the one who answered, not him.

"You can't watch him all the time, Lalisa."

"It's my job. I'm paid to try." I wanted to smile at Jisoo, but I couldn't right now.

"And if you did, he'd fire you for getting in his face. Just like he did all the others. Giving him some breathing room is a good thing." Jisoo flinched as we heard another almighty crash coming from within the room of doom.

"Usually." she added.

Jungkook didn't fire all my previous predecessors, some were just gently coaxed by bim into quitting just like what he was doing with me.

"Jin will calm him down," she said, her voice absolute.

It was sweet, the way she believed in her fiancee. I couldn't remember the last time I'd had such faith in a lover.

Jin and Jisoo were planning to get married after the band's schedule this year. She told me this when we had a chat. Jisoo is a kind-hearted woman as she had asked me to go out with her and her friends a couple of times, but I always made excuses. Not that I didn't appreciate the gesture, it was just that I still believe that it just didn't feel right to be hanging out with them since I'm only an intern here.

At any rate, dealing with Jungkook was my job. I gave Jisoo a small smile of apology and slid the room key through the lock. It's time to put on my tough-guy cap.

I pushed open the door slowly and carefully. A glass broke on the wall three feet from my face, startling the living daylights out of me. That was a close call.

"Lisa, what are you doing here?!" Jungkook yelled angrily.

God damn mother-fvcking golden maknae.

It was a good idea that I was wearing pants today. It would not have been great to have carpet-burned knees. The room was a complete disaster.

"Throw one more thing, Jungkook, and I'll burn all your Timberland's shoes together with your favorite marvel collections" I glared up at him from behind my dark bangs.

"Understood?" I sneered. He scowled.

"Are you alright?" Jin strode closer to me. His hand on my shoulder, checking me if I was fine.

Regardless of Jin's gentleman's gesture, my attention was drawn to the enraged man on the other side of the room.

"Thank you. I'm fine." I stood straight.

"Bad memories. Bad news. Bad day. It's a tough time for him, Lalisa." Jin said quietly.

"I know." I nodded.

Across from us, Jungkook paced back and forth, hands balled into fists. Normally, the man would only walk out if he was in a bad mood but today, his coping mechanism was different.

With his dark hair flowing over the sharp lines of his face and matching stubble bordering his jaw, Jungkook was only half-dressed. His typical cool and collected control was nowhere to be found. It was very unfamiliar to me to see his condition and the state of his room now. Nothing appeared to have been spared. I continued rotating my head back and forth, trying to take it all in.

"What a mess." I muttered.

"Want me to call our private security?" Jin whispered.

"I got this. Thank you." But I refused.

"I can't imagine him doing anything, but... he's pretty wound up. Are you sure?" Jin narrowed his eyes on me.

"Absolutely. We'll meet you downstairs."

It was all about confidence. He slid through the door while I held it open, giving me anxious looks the whole while. My counterfeit smile didn't seem to be working.

"Maybe I'll hang around. Just in case." He insisted.

"You offered me this deal with him. Don't worry. We'll be fine," I said, shutting the door on Jin and Jisoo's frowning faces.

I don't know what will happen to me or to my intenrship contract to him but at least I need to try to do something. As what Namjoon said, they believed I could handle their golden maknae so I must make an attempt.

Because I'm too stubborn at this work, Jungkook will either dismiss me or I'll be able to persuade him to converse in a pleasant manner.