(36) Lips to Ears

✯✯

LISA's POV

It was the slight gap between our bodies that had allowed him to offer his hand, which he let hang in.

Dance?

I pondered as I gawked at his hand. I'm not sure if it was because I was reacting to Jungkook in a certain way or because I had a reason to mistrust it.

"Someone just asked you, Jungkook. Didn't you see?" I heard myself speak.

I wasn't blind and I was pretty sure that dancing wasn't
something we needed to do. However a big portion of me was obviously confused, and I was growing more so by the moment. So, by stating that out loud, I was putting Jungkook's chance of asking me for a freaking dance in the air.

"I only see you." He said, his hand still waiting for my decision.

My pulse sped up as I studied his expression. It was quite hard to decipher. I don't know how to respond to what he just said. Hell, I don't know how I feel about it. Just then, a mischief kind of smile was forming on his lips.

Wait...does this man still enjoying how bewildered I am tonight? That's why he still kept doing and saying these kinds of playful words and actions.

"You're playing so damn hard tonight, Jungkook. Fine, I'll let you." Even though I had no idea how this dance idea of his would turn out, I accepted his offer and let his large palm wrapped around mine.

[Now playing: Kiss Me By Ed Sheeran]

My legs shook with a strange mixture of anticipation and uneasiness as Jungkook softly drew me behind him. His hand was warm and firm against mine, making me feel good and tingly even though I could tell it weighed down that lifeline I was trying to hold on to with teeth and nails.

When he gently dragged me to where a small number of people had gathered to dance, I was still dubious if this was a smart idea. My thinking finally marked this as a poor idea when he stopped walking, turned, and stepped so very close. So much that a part of me considered fleeing or pretended to pass out.

I'm dancing with Jeon Jungkook—the man who laughed at me when I told him about my feelings, the man who told me to follow some stupid advice from a magazine for me to unlike him but also the man who is very thoughtful and kinda sweet sometimes to his closed friend.

🎶 I'm falling for your eyes,
but they don't know me yet🎶

Jungkook placed his hands around my waist, and I felt a jolt of electricity run through my body from the areas on my back where his hands landed. Something heavy and thick descended to the bottom of my stomach as my breath hitched. Nervous, I tried to tilt my head back just to look at his face. In his eyes, I believed I saw dread and daring. All at once. This sparked an unexpected surge of bliss in me.

I wasn't the only one who was overwrought. He was too.

"Since you insist this dance, Mr. Anti Physical Contact, let me counter attack."

Just then, I placed my hands on Jungkook's chest—noticing how hard and toned it felt under my fingers. I was completely aware that this wasn't his thing but I still let my hands rest there.

"Mr. what?" His one thick gorgeous eyebrow raised up to me.

"You heard me." I said, my sarcastic lip tight smile showing.