(24) The Shot

✯✯

LISA's POV

"Did you enjoy it?" I said to Bam, while we were on our way to the cafeteria.

"I had fun. Thanks to Taehyung's update." He laughed as we sat at the table closest to the glass window.

"Stop messing with Jungkook, Bam. Stop dragging any of them to this. You're just giving them an idea that there's something going on between me and Jungkook."

"Which is obviously, there's none." I carried on.

"Fine, I'm sorry. It's just that it's been a while since he got so worked up to someone. We missed that Jungkook." Bam apologized as he gave me his chocolate bar.

"Worked up to someone? Can't imagine him being a lover." I paused for a moment, envisioning Jungkook as a romantic guy. That would be great to witness, I guess.

"Anyway, our apologies for pushing his button. I'll tell Jhope not to interfere again. We'll leave you guys alone." He turned his face away, fingers drumming on the table.

"Well then. Thank you." I reached out his hand then tapped it.

"But Lalisa..." Bam muttered.

"Yes?" I looked at him.

"You know, Jungkook is one hella complicated man. Just be careful." When I heard him say that, I knew he was talking about my heart. Agreed, Jungkook was confusing sometimes.

"Worry not, I already set my expectations for him." I assured my cousin that my only goal for Jungkook now is to be his assistant and let him help me with my internship requirements for me to graduate.

"That made me at ease, then." Bam and I continued to talk like we were maximizing the break time. When I saw Jennie enter the cafeteria, I called her.

"Jen, come! We have a vacant seat here." She was hesitant at first but eventually she took my offer.

"How's your day?" I asked as I just finished my club sandwich.

"I will leave you girls now. Namjoon texted me. Lali, Jen." Taking his emptied tray, he waved goodbye.

"Good. Yours?" She smiled but it was not reaching her pretty eyes.

"Kinda toxic. Jungkook's spam mails are no joke and at the same time I'm still thinking of a layout for this new task of mine." The additional assignment that Namjoon gave me was really taking some of my time.

"How about your date? How was it?" Jennie asked as she only played her food, no intention of eating it.

"Oh that. It was good. We went somewhere fancy with Jungkook." I told her the truth.

"With Jungkook?"

"Yes, the three of us just enjoyed a casual drink last night." Smile in place, I nodded so fiercely I feared my neck might snap from the strain.

"Taehyung is kind and nice." I said, shoveling the chocolate bar into my mouth while watching her.

"Yeah, he sure is." A dreamy faraway look came into her comely chinky eyes. I sincerely hoped I didn't look like that when I thought about Jungkook. It was too obvious.