(13) Television

✯✯

LISA's POV

"Here you go." I held out his Starbucks' drink to him.

I drove to the studio too early but I didn't expect Jungkook was already here too. And since I'm his personal assistant, he demanded that I buy him his morning coffee and I did what I was told.

He stopped, cocked his head. "You're fired."

"What?"

"Lisa, look at it." Latte or frappuccino who cares? As long as I ordered the right flavor, right?

"Still, an iced skinny but a latte."

"Yea, that's why you're fired." I could see his gritted teeth.

"You know what, just be thankful and drink it." I told him, hands on my hips.

"I don't know why the hell I put up with you." He said as he had no choice but to drink the latte.

"Me neither. But you'll be providing the certificate and all for my internship so I keep hanging around." I told him back.

"Awesome. Go away." He said, unbothered, not looking at me.

"You got it, boss." Sometimes, I was easy to talk to.

I left him in the room, since I also had nothing to do there. I just opened my phone and checked if there's an email from LK Label and as I assumed, none. I was getting bored to death from waiting for their email. I put back my phone from my pocket and just decided to go back to the room since there was a couch there and tv to comfort me.

"What?" asked Jungkook in a terse voice, never taking his eyes off the TV. On screen, a cooking variety show was on and I honestly didn't care enough to figure out who was cooking.

We'd been back in Seoul for three days and had ordinarily returned to our routine, with just a few small behavioral shifts.

"I want a couch." I casually said as I took the soft spot across his position.

"Didn't I tell you to go away?" He muttered, sipping the drink I gave to him.

Great. No thank you. No nothing. Typical Jeon Jungkook.

"You're always telling me to go away. I'd be halfway to Bangkok by now if I actually ever listened to you." I yawned prettily.

There was a good chance I'd stop if he didn't make churning him up so enjoyable. Well, it's a tie.

"Am I really fired?" I asked to make sure.

"What do you think Lisa?" His brows arched, expectantly.

"I think regardless of whatever comes out of your mouth, the deal is still on." I voiced out and he said nothing.

"I also think if I actually went away, you would miss me, Jeon Jungkook." Of course, I joked again.

A messy, needy part of me ached for him to agree for a brief minute, which was absolutely absurd. I should cut out that foolish part, it would be the rational thing to do, without a doubt. Any irrational desire for Jungkook's softer emotions was a massive mistake. He was either not created that way from the start, or any softer portions had been crushed away long ago by what happened to his parents. Apart from that, I believe we both realized that being alone was the best option. We just happened to be spending our alone time together these days as a result of the scenario. I suppose that was preferable to being alone.