Chapter 1

If there was anything that Stiles had learnt in his eighteen years of life it would be that his life would never be normal. It had been when he was child, innocent, naïve, and completely dependent on mom and dad. It all changed though when he was nine years old and his mom had passed away finally succumbing to an aggressive form of cancer. It meant nothing would be the same again for Stiles or his dad.

He was thrust into the world of the supernatural when he was fourteen and he went for a walk, his walking taking him into the woods, and he came across what could only be a creature pinning an unconscious human to the ground. Stiles watched rooted to the spot, his limbs frozen and hidden from view as the creature with a twisted corrupted face gnawed on the victim's neck. It eventually ended its life by ripping out his throat and Stiles gagging gave him away. He watched with wide eyes when the creatures' nostrils flared before turning towards him with vivid violet eyes.

Stiles had run then, he ran till his lungs burnt, his feet ached, and his legs nearly gave out when he crashed into the house slamming the door behind him. His trembling fingers locked and bolted the door before he slumped down to the floor scared and confused. His dad was still out at work and the house was quiet. It didn't make sense and he had no idea what he had just witnessed.

No amount of research told him what it was and after two sleepless nights and no more sightings it was placed into the back of his mind. His love for the supernatural, folklore, legends, and myths was sparked to life and he ignored his dad's looks of concern when he came home with a new book of supernatural or myths and steadily ignored his son's internet history.

He shared his research with Scott and Allison who didn't share the same enthusiasm as him despite Allison coming from a family of hunters. Stiles would not deny he got slightly over excited about that fact.

The supernatural world punched Stiles in the face again though when he was seventeen and a walk in the woods with Scott turned into the two of them getting lost and separated. Stiles found Scott half an hour later face down in the mud unconscious and with a bite into his side. It had left him reeling as he inspected the bite and checked to see if he was alive before hoisting him up and taking him to the hospital.

"What did you see?" Stiles questioned him hours later when he was lying on the bed, his wound covered in gauze and tape, and Scott looked at him with wide eyes.

"I-I don't know, it was some sort of wild dog but...but its eyes were red and it just came at me. I thought it was going to kill me till I punched it in the nose and it-it chased me and bit me," he said pointing at his side. "Do you think it's anything...you know...supernatural?"

"Who knows...red eyes though," Stiles murmured. "I've never heard of a dog like that."

"It could have been sick?"

"It if it was sick it wouldn't have been chasing you."

"It was feral then."

"Maybe," Stiles murmured softly not meeting his eyes as he looked down at the hospital sheets. It didn't sound right and his doubts were confirmed the next day when he was sat at home on the laptop when Scott burst in panting gesturing at his side.

"It's...gone...Stiles," he breathed before taking a gulp of breath and catching when Stiles tossed his inhaler. "I...don't even...need this."

"Show me," he said and watched with an open mouth when he peeled back the bandage to reveal smooth unbitten skin. "Holy shit dude."

"It's not just that though! I can hear better, smell better, I can smell that you just ate Doritos and drank Monster. I can smell those smelly socks tucked under your bed and I can hear your neighbour talking to her cat," Scott ranted sitting down. "What the hell is happening to me?"