Chapter 19

Raising and caring for Lila was as easy as breathing for Stiles. It was also mixed with sleepless nights, sick on his favourite t-shirts, and attempting to learn everything from bathing her for the first time, changing her diaper in record time, and dealing with parenthood. Stiles was doing what Derek wanted. He was attempting to push Peter to the back of his mind but it was proving difficult. Lila was growing into her own person each day and he adored watching her eyes capture life around them.

When he wasn't with her or Derek or the pack, he was on the phone to Deaton wanting to train up. He had magic in his veins, magic that could be used against Peter, and he wanted to use it. The problem was Derek. He was keeping it from him at the moment and the secrets didn't help. Derek was all about protecting him, protecting the both of them, but whilst Stiles appreciated that he wanted to be able to protect himself and Lila.

It had been four weeks since Lila had been born and he loved watching how responsive she was slowly becoming. Her eyes staring into his, her hands wrapping around his fingers, and the small sounds she made in response to him. He was currently folding up laundry with Lydia whilst Derek paced in the living room on the phone, Lila on his shoulder, and he watched with a fond look.

"He won't put her down, the only time she's not in his arms is when she's either in mine, down for the night, or she doesn't want contact so she's on her play mat."

"It's adorable," Lydia commented glancing at the pair of them.

"It's like he needs the contact from her, he's constantly purring around her," he muttered folding up her little tops and onesies. "The bond between a werewolf and its cub...unbreakable."

"You know it's the same for you...the bond between the birth father and his daughter."

"I know," he murmured with a small smile.

Stiles glanced over at Derek who huffed angrily before ending the phone call and coming over to them to hand Lila over. Lila made a small sound of protest before settling into the crook of his neck with a small sleepy sigh.

"I have to go to work, it's falling apart over there," he muttered working his jaw before leaning in and kissing him hard. "I'll be an hour, tops, and Lydia will be here. Don't go out without her...or better yet just don't go out, please?"

"We'll be fine," Stiles replied with a sigh. "Go, okay, don't worry."

Derek frowned at him before leaning into kiss Lila's forehead, nuzzling her cheek and Stiles before he left them. Lydia watched them shaking her head and waited till Derek was gone to finally speak.

"There's over protective and then there's him!"

"Are you really surprised?"

"No," she answered curtly with a small sigh looking away. "Have you told him yet you're planning to use those magic powers of yours for good instead of evil?"

"You're not funny and no...can you imagine? I'd be locked in the house forever," Stiles answered with a roll of his eyes resting his cheek on top of Lila's head. "I know what I'm doing. I'm not helpless or weak...I can protect myself and my daughter with my own strength. He's coming, Lydia, no matter what we do, where we hide, and he's going to attempt to kill me and Lila. I know what he'll do...I know he'll burn us."

Lydia's eyes were wide as she looked at him and Lila for a long silent minute before she licked her glossy lips and sat down heavily on the chair.

"Fight fire with fire?"

"If I have to, yes, I will kill him. I will make him suffer if I have to and...make him bleed. Werewolf killed by a human, a human he wants dead, it's the ultimate backfire."