Chapter 12

When Stiles said he wanted to get to know Derek slowly and intimately he meant every single word. It was easy to completely lose himself when Derek kissed him in greeting, good morning, goodnight, or randomly when he felt like it. It was fun exploring what was right, what was wrong, and learning new tricks. Stiles learnt that if he bit his lip hard enough Derek turned into a puddle of goo under his hands including a series of moans that left Stiles hard and desperate for him.

Now kissing was all well and good, it sometimes made everything better when he was suffering through heartburn, an aching lower back and ankles, and feeling miserable and angry about everything, but Stiles wanted more. His hormones were constantly crazy varying from miserable and angry to happy and content to unbearably horny. He hadn't had sex since Derek and he was craving him like mad. Stiles knew Derek could smell his arousal by the flared nostrils and lustful eyes shining back at him.

It seemed like he wasn't the only one suffering as the weeks passed and Stiles grew secretly more and more irritated. It wasn't like their first time was a blessing and the outcome afterwards had been horrendous. In his mind they needed another round that didn't leave him feeling used and worthless afterwards. Derek wouldn't budge though even during the times he crawled into his lap deepening their kiss and urging him with his lips and hands. The end result was Derek gently pushing him off his lap, giving him a simple look, before manhandling him to watch the television.

It wasn't like he didn't know what he was doing. Derek was taking it slowly and like Stiles he was respecting his wishes. Stiles gritted his teeth and bared through it as the weeks passed and July and August slowly faded out and September was here meaning the return to college. It also meant Stiles couldn't return.

"I'm just going to quit," Stiles said lying on the bed and letting out a heavy sigh. "Medical leave will be too much hassle and who knows when I'll be able to go back? I'll do it again in a couple of years when she's older and in kindergarten."

"Are you sure?" Derek questioned from where he was stood leaning against the frame.

Stiles inhaled deeply flicking his eyes over to him and nodded. "Yeah, yeah I am, I mean I'll miss it but...I went and got myself like this and I've screwed it up! I can do it again, that's what college is there for, and it'll be easier. No more worrying, no more concerns, just the baby and only the baby."

Derek looked at him for a long moment before nodding his head and letting Stiles have his own way. It was pretty easy to quit college, a series of phone calls, talking to impatient and tiresome people before it effectively ended. It had hit him after an hour long phone call with Scott that he wouldn't be seeing him every day. It left a sour taste in his mouth but he knew he made the right decision. The friends he made in college would probably never see him until she was born and despite the right decision it made him sad.

College was over, he had nothing on his mind, and Stiles was starting to feel the boredom. He was close to six months pregnant, his bump was big enough for anyone to know something was up without his hoodie on, and he was in no mood for walking around outside in the California heat. He knew what he wanted deep down but no amount of suggested looks towards Derek changed that and he was more invested in his computer and work to give into him.

Derek was in the shower that Tuesday evening leaving Stiles to stroke over where she was kicking him and moving around inside of him. His hands picked up pointless papers seeing names he didn't know but it was halted when he picked up a blue folder peeking inside to see advertisements for renting or buying a series of house and a realtor's number. His heart squeezed in what could be either fear or surprise or a mixture of both seeing them. His eyes flicked over to the closed bathroom door were Derek was currently washing and he couldn't exactly crash into their demanding what the hell was going on. They were barely together and he was looking at houses for them?