Chapter 14

"Look at this," Stiles murmured placing his empty can of soda from last night on his bump and smirking at Derek when it moved when she kicked him steadily and harder. He was thirty weeks pregnant and still growing, she was stronger inside of him constantly moving and kicking inside of him enough for him to balance things on the bump. Derek was fondly amused watching it and removed the can before pressing a kiss to the spot.

"Don't go into work," Stiles murmured rolling onto his side to face him. "Stay off."

"I can't, they need me, and Peter's gone so they need me more than ever," Derek answered with a small sigh kissing his forehead before climbing out of the bed.

It had been two weeks since the incident with Peter, their argument and reconciliation, and Peter's disappearance from work and his apartment. Peter had gone without a trace and Derek worried keeping it hidden from Stiles. He dressed quickly glancing at the rain hitting the window with a frown. Summer was gone and autumn was in with October steaming ahead quicker and quicker.

"Oh you suck!" Stiles moaned sitting up and pouting at him. "Leaving me all alone...hormonal...missing you...and all I want is for you to stay home."

"That's not going to work this time."

"It worked the last three times! Come on, come back to bed, I'll make it worth your while..." Stiles suggested with a cocky grin when Derek turned fixing his tie and glaring at him.

"Demon in disguise," Derek murmured dryly. "Stiles, I can't, we have a big case going on and it's my case. They need me and I know you need me but for today you can cope without me."

"Fine!" Stiles protested throwing up his hands. "It's just me and the baby then."

"Don't you dare manipulate me with the baby again," Derek muttered shooting him a warning look before he headed to get some coffee.

"You know you love it, you're leaving your daughter, Derek," Stiles sang and snorted when Derek growled from the kitchen. "Okay, fine, go, leave me, I'll just eat candy and drink lemonade, again, and wait for you, again."

He struggled getting off the bed before yanking on the extra-large t-shirts and sweat pants before walking out to join him in the kitchen. Derek was cooking them eggs when he came up behind him and sniffed interested.

"Go sit down, you're in the way," Derek ordered poking at the eggs.

"Are you calling me fat?!"

"Huge," he murmured with a smirk and rolled his eyes when Stiles made a sound of horror before pouting and moving to sit down.

"It's not fat!"

"I know, Stiles, it was called a joke."

"I was skinny seven months ago, I could fit into things, I could stand up and lie down without difficulty and I didn't find it difficult to sleep."

"Stop moaning and eat your breakfast, I have to go," he murmured leaning in to kiss him gently before walking towards the door.

Stiles pouted watching him leave before settling and eating his breakfast. It was another day on the couch when he brought his laptop into his lap with a heavy sigh. The rain hit the window pane harder making him feel comfortable and warm when his phone buzzed.

"Hey!" Stiles answered cheerfully enough.

"We're in a relationship!" Scott shouted at him almost hysterically.

"Wow, when did this happen and why wasn't I previously informed? Derek will not be happy and I'm a bit of a slut," Stiles joked typing in the password for his laptop.