Chapter 15

Stiles was sat in the middle of the bedroom floor as he sorted through the dozens and dozens of baby clothes. They were mostly neutral colors mixed with little dresses, booties, coats, hats, and dungarees. His hands stroked over them as he packed them carefully into boxes. He picked up the pink and white teddy bear that was a gift from Erica and stroked over the soft fur with a small smile. They had mostly everything from her cot, her pram, her car seat, a bouncing chair, and everything from clothes to pacifiers. It gave him ease that everything was sorted but the prospect of birth was frightening. He didn't have to push like a normal woman would have to but lying back for a cesarean gave him a shiver up the spine.

Samuel's reassurance that everything would be find did give him some sort of peace of mind. They were in the middle of packing up the apartment at the moment. They haven't got a moving in day yet but while they worked the apartment, Lydia, Danny, and Erica were at the new house. Lydia had given herself the task of getting the nursery ready as quickly as possible.

"It's my very early Christmas present for you," she said with a shrug when he questioned it. "It also leaves you stress free and I want to do this. I know what I'm doing. It will be cream and brown and just...leave it to me."

She had kissed his cheek before leaving and he hadn't seen her since. Lydia had enrolled Danny and Erica to help her and it left him and Derek packing up the apartment day by day. Stiles hummed as he folded her little pyjamas into the box and looked up when Derek walked in handing him a hot chocolate with cream and cinnamon dusted on the top.

"God you're so awesome," Stiles whispered as he took a sip and placed it on the floor.

"Everything packed?"

"Nearly, few bits, but nearly done."

"Have you spoken to your dad yet?"

"Are we really talking about Christmas now?" Stiles muttered exasperated grabbing his hands and letting him haul it up. "It's nearly November, we have a house to move into, and I'm too tired to think about Christmas. My dad will come, he'll want to see the house anyway, and...I can't be bothered."

Stiles took the cup again when he handed it to him and walked out of the bedroom. He headed into the kitchen glancing at the fridge and smiling when he took off their third scan picture. He had his third and last scan four days ago as they watched the baby move and press little fists to her face. He wasn't ashamed to admit he had tears in his eyes when he watched her and wanted her to be here right now.

He jumped when arms wound around his waist, his fingers also touching the scan photo, and a small smile on his face. Stiles leaned back into him passing him the photo so he could look at it properly before he placed it back on the fridge.

"I still say you should call him, make sure he has no other plans," he murmured into his ear before kissing underneath it. "I'm going to go to the house, check on the others, are you sure you'll be okay?"

"I'll be fine, go, and I'll continue packing!"

"Don't strain yourself," he warned tilting his chin towards him and pressing a warm kiss against his lips before he left.

Stiles watched him leave sipping his hot chocolate before he continued to start packing all their things and clothes into boxes and plastic bags. His back and feet ached in protest when he was done packing all the baby stuff away and he sat down on the couch with a groan.

"You're slowly killing me aren't you?" Stiles joked patting the bump. "You're not due for weeks and it already feels like I'm carrying a bowling ball under my shirt. Lila loo."

Stiles hummed as he wrapped his hoodie around him before struggling up and grabbing his season two box set of Game of Thrones putting it on. He hummed happily enough when the theme tune came on and settled back. He had slowly fallen in love with the show thanks to Danny who introduced it to him despite the protest from Erica. Stiles had begged and pleaded with Derek to watch it with him but instead his interest was low.