Annoying Ferret

(A/N) So I didn't think I'd have to say this, but some things I read in a previous book that some people commented, it got me thinking; if you don't like the Reader by this point for whatever reason, then I suggest you stop reading because the Reader will be like this probably the rest of the story, how he is now. Not to say he won't change and adapt to any situation, but the confident, short-tempered, quick to act (Y/N) (L/N) is what I'm going with in this story, because as far as I know, no other Author has a Male Reader Insert quite like mine, yes, Anonymous_Writer2345 is a big inspiration, but I'm not making my Reader Insert to a "T" of his, I'm still making it my own. Just wanted to get that out of the way and to warn anyone that doesn't like my approach. Also, any Harmione Shippers that have read Vox Corpis (Corporis is the original name of it, found that out from Multi_writer_here ) will know the inspiration for the first segment. That said, I hope you enjoy :)

(Y/N) awoke rather early the following morning. And to his great satisfaction, he didn't experience the nightmare. He dispelled the Silencing Charm he placed on his bed that he had put up just in case the Draught didn't work, and got out of bed. It was early, incredibly early, actually, and the sun wasn't even over the horizon yet. He needed a way to stay active at Hogwarts like he was at Merlin's Tower, and he figured that going on a run each morning was the best way to accomplish that. He had thought ahead for this and pulled out the clothing he'd wear while running.

He slipped into his clothing and went downstairs and outside into the cold September air. It was far colder than he was expecting for it to only be September, but the rain yesterday had been freezing, so it still being cold today was not surprising. He stood outside the great Double Doors that led into the Castle and began to stretch. He'd do one lap around the Castle for now and see how that went.

When he was done stretching, he started at a casual jog down the steps and along the cobblestone path until he got a fair distance from the Castle before veering left to run the perimeter. The grass was still wet and muddy, but he'd just have to get over it; he could always Scourgify the mud away, anyway. The sky was still gray as if to mock his decision to go on a run that morning. He picked up his speed, which was now at a running speed, just as he passed Hagrid's Hut.

The cold air stung as it entered his lungs. He was closing in on the Black Lake when he started to get a little tired. He regretted not training his body in the cold while at Merlin's Tower; it would have benefited him greatly right then if he was used to it, but as he got three-fourths the way done with his run, his lungs were on fire, it felt like his chest was going to explode inside out. Just a month of no exercising at the Burrow and he was already feeling out of shape.

By the time he arrived back at the steps, the sun was starting to come over the horizon and he was bent over, about to cough up a lung from how he felt right then. He wiped the sweat from his brow, used Scourgify on his shoes and sweatpants, and made his way into the Castle again. He steadily climbed the stairs all the way back up to Gryffindor Tower and spoke the password when he arrived at the Fat Lady. He went up the Boy's Staircase, got some clean clothes, and walked into the bathroom to bathe before his friends got up, which would be a couple more hours at least.

He removed his shirt and caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. More specifically, he saw the scars that covered his torso. He quite honestly hoped that none of his friends, or anyone, ever found out about them. They'd never stop worrying about him, especially if it happened to be Hermione. He tore his eye from the mirror, removed his eye-patch, and ran some hot water, deciding to add some bubbles to the bath as well.

*******

Hermione had just woken up to her Six o'clock alarm, and felt her back pop and crack as she stretched after shutting it off. She rubbed her eyes and looked around, only to realize her curtains were still drawn. She shoved them aside and wasn't surprised to be the first one up in her dorm room, she always was. She vacated her bed and went to the girls bathroom to get ready for the day.