Beauxbatons Beauties

(A/N) I wonder, how many of you are triggered by that title? I'm not changing it, I'm just curious XD

Quick Edit: So yeah, this is going up way earlier than I intended, but the end Author's Note explains it. No upload this Friday, either, sorry for this causing serious issues with my uploads, but that's how it is. Next week will have the next Upload, but maybe not all the way to Friday, just to alleviate the otherwise large gap.

A couple of weeks had passed and their classes were not getting easier. Honestly, they shouldn't be getting easier, because then people would be allowed to slack off, or they felt they deserved the right to, but (Y/N) and Hermione had no trouble with the increase in difficulty, though, they were one of the few who felt that way. One class that had been particularly more demanding and difficult was Defense Against the Dark Arts.

To their surprise, Professor Moody had announced that he would be putting each of them under the Imperius Curse, to demonstrate its power and to see whether they could resist its effects or not, "But - but you said it was illegal, Professor," Hermione voiced her uncertainty as Moody cleared away the desks with a sweep of his wand, leaving a large clear space in the middle of the room. "You said - to use it against another human was-"

"Dumbledore wants you taught what it feels like," Moody said, his magical eye swiveling onto Hermione and fixing her with an eerie, unblinking stare, "If you'd rather learn the hard way - when someone's putting it on you so they can control you completely - fine by me. You're excused. Off you go." He then pointed his gnarled finger toward the door.

Hermione felt her cheeks burning from embarrassment, "I-I didn't mean I wanted to leave..." Hermione muttered quietly.

Moody began to beckon students forward in turn and put them under the Imperius Curse. (Y/N) watched as, one by one, his classmates did the most extraordinary things under its influence. Dean hopped three times around the room, singing the national anthem, which, to (Y/N), it would just never replace the American National Anthem. Lavender imitated a squirrel, which Hermione must have gotten a real kick out of when he heard her laugh almost evilly. Neville performed a series of quite astonishing gymnastics he would certainly have not been capable of in his normal state. When Hermione had been called on, (Y/N) watched her nervously step forward. When the spell had been used, Hermione then proceeded to put on a short, one-person play of a small scene from Macbeth. It had actually been entertaining to watch, even though (Y/N) was sure Hermione wouldn't have been able to do it without someone in her mind telling her to do so.

When Hermione was done, her face turned beet red after (Y/N) explained what it was she did, "Your acting was superb, though."

She found herself unable to smile at that, "Potter," Moody growled, "you're next."

(Y/N) watched Harry step forward and Moody said, "Imperio." Harry had bent his legs, but then halted. For a second, nothing happened, but then Harry performed something (Y/N) was sure was not what Moody had told him to do in his mind. He had jumped forward, but it looked like he tried to stop himself, and ended up going headlong into the desk. "Now that's more like it!" Moody's gruff voice was heard saying, "Look at that, you lot... Potter fought it! He fought it, and he damn near beat it! We'll try that again, Potter, and the rest of you, pay attention - watch his eyes, that's where you see it - very good, Potter, very good indeed! They'll have trouble controlling you!"

Moody then had Harry go through it a few more times, each time Harry managed to not completely listen, until the last attempt, when he managed to throw it off entirely.

"Good, very good. (L/N), you're next!"

(Y/N) stepped forward, taking in a deep breath. When he was where everyone else had stood before him, he closed his eye and waited. He heard Moody say the spell and waited. Everyone else had been affected almost immediately, but for him, he felt no different. He didn't even hear a voice in his head like the spell description said was supposed to happen, 'I think I may know what's stopping it. The Ambrosius Bloodline is the only bloodline to be gifted Occlumens. Occlumency must be helpful in protecting yourself from the Imperius Curse.' "I'm waiting," he said coolly.