Future Planning and Love Admittance

(A/N) The next chapter, aka the last chapter, is almost done, so I'm going to go ahead and upload this today and upload the finale tomorrow. I've spent roughly nine hours typing for the last chapter and it's hit over 10K words. I'll give an accurate number tomorrow, but I hope you enjoy this chapter and the next one when it goes up tomorrow :)

"He really thought he would still have a shot with me!?" Hermione growled angrily.

"Everything I just said and that's the thing that bothers you the most?" Harry asked her.

"I'm sorry, but Viktor Krum's audacity about it infuriates me!" She yelled in the empty Common Room. It was the afternoon of the day Hermione found out her parents were getting a divorce, and finding out that Viktor asked Harry if Hermione still didn't want to go out with him struck a nerve in her that made her temporarily forget about her parents, "Tell him he can shove his question up his arse!"

"I like this side of Hermione," (Y/N) said, causing Hermione's face to heat up, "She takes no shit from anyone."

"Guys, can we get back on topic? About how I found Mr. Crouch wandering the Forest?" Harry asked them.

"It's concerning, Harry, trust me. I'm more aggravated that Snape prevented you from seeing Dumbledore, and I'm mad that I wasn't there... I'd have either forced him aside, or I'd have forced the spiral staircase down so we could talk to the Headmaster," (Y/N) said.

"But you weren't, so there's no point in being angry about it," Hermione said.

Ron was being unusually quiet, "You alright, Ron?" Harry asked him.

"Yeah, I'm just trying to wrap my head around the situation... I think it had to have been Crouch..." Ron said, looking up at them, "that's why he was gone when you and Dumbledore showed up. He'd done a runner."

"No, I don't think so," Harry said, shaking his head, "he seemed really weak, too weak to do anything like running."

"Then I've got nothing..." Ron said, throwing his hands in the air.

"We don't have all the information... I'm sure of that... then again, when have we ever had all the information?" (Y/N) said spitefully.

"It doesn't make anything easier, that's for sure," Hermione said in agreement.

With nothing else to add to the discussion, they all agreed to put it aside for the night and talk about it with fresh minds tomorrow.

Just as day broke the next morning, the four of them hurried up to the Owlery to send Sirius another letter about what happened. They chose to wander out to the misty grounds to talk about it again without chance of any interruption or someone overhearing them. As they walked, (Y/N) looked towards the Beauxbatons Carriage; Fleur hadn't said a word to him since the Second Task's conclusion.

"Just go over it again, Harry..." he had heard Hermione say, "What did Crouch actually say?"

"I've told you, he wasn't making much sense," Harry said, "he said he wanted to warn Dumbledore about something. He also mentioned Bertha Jorkins, I know he did, and he seemed to think her to be dead. He kept saying stuff was his fault... and he mentioned his son."

"Well, that was his fault," Hermione said testily.

"He was out of his mind," Harry said, "Half the time he seemed to think his wife and son were still alive, and he kept talking to Percy about work and giving him instructions."

'I wonder... What if some of what he said was true about it? What if one of them is still alive?' (Y/N) thought to himself.

"And... remind me what he said about You-Know-Who?" Ron asked tentatively.