The Yule Ball

Impulsive upload... enjoy, I guess... (Imagine that with the most monotonous, droning voice you can,because that's how I feel.)

(A/N) Low-key, the more I read these books, which I haven't done since the year each one came out, the less I'm liking how Rowling wrote Hermione's character from Book 4 and on, a lot of fans say she was character assassinated in Book 5, but I think it was actually Book 4... if you know, you know, I'm not gonna go on a long tangent about it. But a Fun Fact: the actual book has the Ball as Chapter Twenty-Three, and if we discard the Summary/Recap as Chapter One, this is technically Chapter Seventeen. I know I'm cutting out the sections that have Harry in them without Hermione or (Y/N) present, but I think that's impressive to cut it that short from the length of the actual book. Anyway, I hope you enjoy :)

(Y/N) was feeling better about his situation of not having a date. It meant he didn't have to feel guilty every time he danced with a girl that wasn't the girl he was going with. Not that he figured his date would have cared anyway, but he didn't have to worry about it now.

The Professors had given them a mountain of homework, which (Y/N) and Hermione both had gotten done before Christmas arrived.

Snow had also begun to pile around the School and (Y/N) went on a run every morning before anyone else was up. It was surprisingly fun to run in the snow, even if the deeper it got the slower his pace was, but it built endurance, and he had a lot of it.

On Christmas Eve morning, Hermione had been up in the Common Room when he came back, "Morning, where have you been?" She asked him.

"... Out..." He said, a little embarrassed that she had caught him.

"Out in the Snow? Decided to enjoy it before anyone else?" She asked with a cheeky smile.

"You could put it that way, yeah," he smiled and told her he was going to go and shower before coming back down.

She watched him go up the stairs and went back to reading her book. She didn't make it very far before her mind wandered to imagine her getting in the shower with him, snogging him as the water beat down on their nude bodies. She almost had her hand slipped underneath her pants when she heard someone coming down the stairs.

She quickly went back to reading, but her face was burning. She then saw (Y/N) sit down across from her, 'Has it really been that long?' She didn't realize she had been fantasizing about him the entire time he was gone, and almost did something truly scandalous, and almost got caught by him, 'Not sure if I'd have minded that... honestly...'

"Well, I feel much better," he smiled as he started to read his own book he had brought back down.

'You look much better too,' Hermione thought to herself with a flushed face.

That evening, after Dinner, (Y/N), Hermione, Harry, and Ron all were leaving the Great Hall after enjoying a series of rich, warming stews and savory desserts, and Fleur was in front of them, leaving to go back to the Carriage, when they heard her complain a bit, "I weesh I deed not 'ave such bad reactions to some of ze food served 'ere... eet makes me feel bloated... eet makes me feel like I weel not feet een my dress..." she had said as much to her fellow Beauxbatons, and probably didn't know the four of them were directly behind them.

Hermione placed her hand on her stomach and hips instinctively, 'Oh... why did she have to say that? Now I'm feeling subconscious again about my body..."

Ron was busy hiding behind (Y/N) so as to not be affected by Fleur's Veela side. She exited the Entrance Hall, and only then did Ron step out from behind him.