A Promise for the Future

(A/N) So at the time of uploading this, it's my Birthday and I'm 28 now. I didn't say last year that it was my Birthday when I was still writing for my One-Shots and Short Stories book, but yeah, I'm 28 the day this finale is going up. Final word count, not counting the Author's Notes, is 14,167 words. I believe this is easily the most I've written for a single chapter. I hope this is a good read and a respectable ending to Book 4. And as always, I hope you enjoy :)

Hermione had been rather exhausted from all the help she was doing for Harry, and she still managed to find time to study for the exams coming up, which would finish on the day of the Third Task, but on the bright side, all of the Hexes, Jinxes and Curses that Ron, Harry, and herself were learning would help them when they became Aurors. She couldn't remember if (Y/N) had told her what he wanted to do after he graduated from Hogwarts, but he was amazing to her. 'He can be whatever he wants after he leaves Hogwarts, there is nothing that will stop him,' she thought to herself one evening helping Harry. Ron was busy casting spells at him while Harry tried the Shield Charm.

(Y/N) hadn't been there with them, saying that he had something else to do. Hermione couldn't possibly imagine what was more important than helping Harry prepare for the Final Task, but he clearly did, and so he was not there with them.

Hermione took over for Ron and cast the Jelly-Legs Jinx at Harry, and it was strong enough to break Harry's Shield Charm, so she had to hurry and figure out the Counter-Jinx to stop him from wobbling all around the classroom, "(Y/N) probably already knows the Counter-Jinx," Ron said just as Hermione cast it on Harry.

"He does already know it," Hermione said, looking at Ron, "(Y/N) finished reading the Grade 7 Spell-book last month. He's leagues ahead of us."

"I'm sure having the Blood of Merlin helps," Harry said, rubbing his legs to make the funny feeling in them go away.

"I'm sure it does, but having the Blood of Merlin means nothing for intelligence," Hermione reminded him, "there are plenty of Top Marks Witches and Wizards who aren't related to Merlin, and plenty of Magically Powerful Witches and Wizards who are not related to Merlin."

"I know... it's just-" Harry stopped for a moment to think, but he never finished the thought.

"It's just... what?" Hermione asked, wanting to know.

"Nothing, forget it..." Harry said as he grasped his wand and nodded to Hermione that he was ready for another Jinx.

*******

"GOD DAMMIT!" (Y/N) yelled angrily as another object exploded from the Killing Curse being sent at it. He couldn't understand why this wasn't working as fast as he wanted it to. It would do him no good if the people he cared about died and he hadn't gotten his spell creation down.

He sighed and decided to put it off for Summer Experimentation when he wouldn't have to worry about classes. He vacated the room he was using and went down to the Entrance Hall and right out through the front doors. On his way down the steps, he saw the Beauxbatons all outside of their Carriage, enjoying the fact it wasn't so cold. More importantly, he saw Fleur out there, wearing a short-sleeved shirt and a skirt. It was midday and it wasn't often in Scotland that it was warm, even in June, so they were taking advantage of it. She looked pretty in her clothing, but he turned his head, knowing what was to come when they finally talked. He decided to wait to talk to her until after the Final Task so that she wouldn't have that looming in the back of her mind in the event their talk did go South. She needed to focus on the Task, and she couldn't do that if she and him began to argue.

His gaze turned to his right and he saw a group of Slytherins, namely Malfoy, looking like he was talking into his hand. He squinted his eye before it widened upon realization, "Skeeter..." he growled.