prologue

"And that one,it's called aquila,the thunderbolt eagle. It was even the majestic eagle who helped zeus' thunderbolts." Said seungkwan, as he traced over one of the constellations he knew about.

"And that one- it's I am pretty sure it's cassiopeia, she was the wife of cephus and the mother of andromeda. "

Chan followed his gaze wherever seungkwan's finger was roaming. He was quite confused, unlike his the-nightsky-lover best friend. Seungkwan was so immersed in briefing about the constellations he totally forgot to look over to his friend's reaction.

"Yea and that's it. There are more but my mouth hurts" Seungkwan let out a satisfied sigh, as he rested his gaze on chan, expecting him to say something.

"Finally.." Chan streched his arms out then cracking his knuckles. "You know I have no interest in watching stars but you always make me watch it with you"

Seungkwan grinned. He liked to make chan suffer. Thats what best friends are for right?

And, they always wondered how they did even became friends at first place.
A long story short, chan sat with seungkwan during lunch, just because there were no seats- there actually were but he didn't wanted to sit near any of those students. They just didn't match his vibe.

-

''Hey, if you don't mind.can i sit here?'' Seungkwan side eyed the boy, who stood in front of him. The side of lips lifted up, in hope of sitting in his table. Seungkwan nodded and said, ' sure, Have a seat ' the unknown boy sat in front of him keeping his tray in the table and then let out a satisfied smile.

"don't you think the school should atleast add new meals? It's always boring eating the same two three meals" Chan rolled his eyes then let out a dramatic sigh. "They really.. Should" Seungkwan muttered, poking the same lettuce salad which was served as a side dish.

"Oops my bad, forgot to introduce myself. I am lee chan.and you? "

"Boo seungkwan" After a minute of silence , seungkwan asked,

" by the way are you the guy who dated the play boy? "

Chan let out a loud gasp and leaned his head towards seungkwan a little.
"How did you know?"

"Just the school rumors and from my know-it-all friend" Seungkwan shrugged.

"Wait-everyone knows?" His eyes widened a little, panic rising.

"Yea I guess, but not many paid attention to it"

"Whatever, that guy was of no use" Seungkwan was amused how his tone changed so quick, a panic to a dull one.

"No use?"

"Yea. I don't even know why do people even call him a play boy "

Seungkwan furrowed his eye brows and asked "what do you mean?"

"He's such a scaredy cat, yeah he may look handsome and like a cold guy. But in reality, he really isn't. He's just shy and socially awkward and that's what really makes him look like a cold guy. And he's boring as fuck- why would I even want to know about the mythical creatures? He would convince me to read books with him! " Chan widened his eyes in horror and shook his head.

"They did nothing to me and i did nothing to them- then why?!"

Chan's eyes cast around the table, meeting seungkwan's eyes that filled with just the slightest bit of pity

"And i am happy that i broke up with him and whatever the past was a past" Chan acted as if he really was horrified of listening to mythical stories.

Seungkwan let out a chuckle, "do you really hated it that much?"

"I could give an entrance exams rather than listening to these things-" Chan let out a breathy laugh before digging into his food .

"No- you know what I would rather listen to the mythological shit than giving entrance exams"

-

"Atleast you don't have to listen to that guy's mythological stories anymore" Seungkwan wheezed when he saw dino's horrified face, once again.

Its been years since then, and both of them don't seem to even forget it. For chan, it was kind of a trauma. And for seungkwan, it became a topic for him to tease the younger.

"Now I have to listen to YOU" Chan let out a deep sigh, and shook his head

"So what? You make me third wheel wherever you and your boyfriend go!and I am just giving it to you in return" Seungkwan shrugged.

"We bring you together with us just Because you could too find someone!"

"I don't want any boyfriend at this age" Seungkwan just rolled his eyes

"Oh c'mon! You are halfway through your fifties whose finding love"

" I am still 21! A man whose looking for a stable job not love"

"one day you're gonna come to me whining about how you don't have a boyfriend "

" Whatever "

Seungkwan never had a boyfriend nor someone he loved- small crush is an exception. He was never interested in being in a relationship. He thinks, loving someone is boring and waste of time.

Chan always tries to set him up in blind dates, either they ended with being just friends or just strangers.

Chan could do nothing. Heck, even seungkwan didn't wanted him to do this. He was happy living with the love he's getting from his family, friends.

He reminds him how 'romantic love' is even important. But, seungkwan hears nothing.

Chan tries, but failes.

Seungkwan is satisfied without love.

He isn't just ready to love.

Not now, but soon.