yoonkwan

They compete. They win. They excel. What if, they lose?

***

18-17

The scoreboard displayed the points. Cheers, groans, curses resonated in the stadium. The team screamed their lungs out, hugging each other. Raising the mvp in the air.

Seungkwan could not believe it. He gaped, eyes widening. A wide smile slowly making it's way.

"we won seungkwan!" His teammate handed shook seungkwan's shoulder, bringing him back to reality. He engulfed him in a hug, strongly patting his back.

"Hey! It's hurts" He laughed, hitting him even harder.

We won..we won. He couldn't even more happier after hearing this. He couldnt wait to tell his parents. They surely would be proud of him and the team.

After shaking hands, and the award ceremony he skipped to the room where all his belongings were kept.

He left the stadium being all jiggly. Instead taking the turn to his house, he took the other way. He didn't wanted to go home so soon. So, he decided to give himself a treat.

***

"It's okay team you still played well!" The coach tried to lighten their moods.

Jeonghan was in anger,stunned.He could not believe did I lose?.

Loosing never existed in his dictionary. It never did. Since beginning, he never felt what loosing feels like. Now if he thinks about it, this feeling Is different.

He stomped his way to the exit of the stadium not even taking his bag. He left without any word. He didn't care he could burst out any moment now.

He had no idea where he was going, all he did was curse under his breathe, sending glares to whomever bumped onto his shoulder. Everything annoyed him, the giggles, screams, horns, murmurs. If killing wasn't illegal, this street would have been covered by dead bodies by now.

***

Seungkwan brushed the bench slightly, removing the dusts then plopped down on it. He bought an iced americano and a cupcake for himself.

This park wasn't too filled, distant murmurs, horns, chirping of crickets,was the only think he could hear. He took out his americano, missed the feeling of gulping down his all time favorite drink he could trade everything for.

"Fuck this" seungkwan raised an eye brow at the guy who sat at the bench beside him kicking anything which came to his view. Seungkwan gave him a look looks like he's having a bad day. Seungkwan shrugged his shoulders.He wanted to ask but he had no courage.

But something inside him told him to go and talk to that guy. Maybe he could he could be some help?

He leisurely paced his way to the next bench where the guy was sitting.

"Hey" Greeted seungkwan casually.

The guy looked up, giving him a confused stare,

"Do i know you?"

"No you don't and you don't know me too" He sat beside the man comfortably. He gave him a smile.

"I am seungkwan, boo seungkwan and you?"

"Yoon jeonghan" He paused in between. Finding it a quite weird, why would he just start talking to me?

They sat in silence just staring at the scenery at front of them.

"You might be wondering why I actually came here and talked to you" Jeonghan diverted his gaze to seungkwan, raising an eye brow in question.

"The thing is, I saw you kicking things and cursing and you probably are having a bad day..maybe you lost in a game?" He trailed off, looking at his clothes, they did looked like as if he just came from playing a sport.

"Uh yeah..i actually lost in a basketball match for the first time" His forehead creased.

"Oh? That's..bad" Seungkwan sipped his drink.

"Did you came from a match too?"

Seungkwan smiled widely when thinking of his team's victory.

"Yes,We even won!" Says seungkwan, giving him a wide smile.

"Congrats" Chuckles jeonghan, he was supposed to angry.

Silence once again rested between them, they didn't mind it. Each other's presence made both of them feel nice.

Seungkwan looked at his cupcake, wanting to give this to jeonghan. He glanced at the guy, seungkwan could make out a bit of sadness from his face.

"Here, take this" Seungkwan handed him his cupcake.

He scrunched his eyebrows in a questionable look
"Why? It's yours" He pushed his hand back.

"No, I insist and you did well today" He moved his hand further. He really meant it. No, he didn't watch jeonghan's match but however it went, he did well.

"Thank you.." Jeonghan genuinely smiled. He felt his anger vanish.

"Your welcome" He smiled.

"And loosing once, doesn't actually hurts and look at the bright side! That team gets to celebrate!" seungkwan beamed, he always looked on the positive side- which really is visible.

"And you tried your best, that's what matters"

If jeonghan actually thinks about it, this is just any other lose. And this wasn't a life or death situation. This was just a game.

"Thank you" Jeonghan smiles at seungkwan, touched by his words.

"It's nothing" Seungkwan snickered, patting jeonghan's shoulder.

"I think I should go now" He muttered, grabbing his things.

"Hey! um don't you wanna meet again?" Jeonghan frowned. He likes seungkwan's presence. He was no one to deny it, this guy was the one who encouraged him. And what's with winning? You are still gonna be digged on the ground with the losers.

Seungkwan bit his lips, he looked at his watch.

"Tomorrow, this same park at 5?" Seungkwan titled his head.

He nodded, "okay"

"See you tomorrow then!"

"Yea see you tomorrow!" Jeonghan smiles, and that's how he exited the park with a good mood and the cupcake he really didn't expect.

***