Pillows & Talk

Why did it bother him? Why did bother him so much?
I wasn't hurting him by being the way I was.
Yet he still tried to hurt me.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"There are two genders!"
"There are many biologists who would say otherwise,"

This argument was the first and only time I was honest about how I felt.

I'm not a male.

I'm not a female.
Like, Is Pepsi ok?

Just one night not thinking about that asshole please...
After many useless attempts I got up and went to check on Spamton. A pillow in hand I open the door to the living room turning off my night light as I do so.He didn't ask for a blanket or anything, but I suppose anything's better than that garbage dump And He was unfortunately awake.

"Can't sleep either?" He asks trying to break any tension.
"No. Can I ask you something?" I say.
"Sure, why not. Can't sleep anyhow," he says shrugging.
"So...how was it growing up in the dark world?" I ask thoughtfully staring at the tv, which had been playing the same marathon, being the only light source in the room.
"Well that's an oddly specific question!" He sputters.
I raise an eyebrow.
"That bad huh?"
"Well no, I mean, I grew up with the other Addison's, shorter than them so I was picked on a bit and they got real resentful after I got successful but other than that there wasn't much y'know after I fell from stardom," he answers.
I nod staring off into space.
"What about you? You seem like you have something to say." He says turning the conversation to me.

"My mom, she was wonderful but I was too much of a brat to realize that until she died, same with my stepdad still alive though thankfully and Other than that, not much," I lied.
He frowns.
"What about your biological father? Went to get milk? Cigarettes? Beer?!" He joked.
"To get big in the stock market and lived with his parents, absolute nutcase," I joke back, holding every urge to dump my problems on this guy. I just met him. I'm not gonna burden him like that.

"Oof, look at the time by knights blade-," he mutters.
It was 6 minutes past midnight.

"Why did you come here in the first place? Worried I'd trash your house?" He asked.
"No, the couch is uncomfortable so I came to see if you wanted a pillow or something," I lied, Well half lied.
I was coming to check on him, but I had a nightmare about that damned day I lost faith in the fucking dirty rat called my father, and that's an insult to rats.

"Well, could always share the bed," he smirked.
In return I whacked him with the pillow I brought.
Hey!
He grabbed the second one and hit me square in the face with it.
And after that,
Chaos brewed.

Coffee. I meant that there was like a jester deadass in the kitchen brewing coffee.
Spamton and I watched him in bewilderment.

"Well if it isn't the [clown around town!]," Spamton says the glitch entering his voice causing me to jump as he hadn't done it much, only in the dark world but even then...
"It's too late to hear your voice even I need a break from you," he responds bitterly drinking a cup of coffee.
Looking at Spamton I realized something.

He was truly Spamton, robotic and all, but that only meant one thing.

We are in a dark world now.