Chapter Two

When I walk into the great hall the next morning, the first thing that greets me is the smell of fresh pancakes and I immediately start to drool.

My eyes start scanning the enormous hall, only wanting to find a special head of hair. And that's when I find his light blonde head.

This was, what I absolutely loved about him. I could find him anywhere with that kind of noticeable hair and I knew he hated it, which made it even funnier.

I see him sitting at our large Slytherin table all by himself. I smile. He looks like a lost little puppy and when I finally decide to come and rescue him, Harry suddenly stops me.

"Hey, Evangeline!" Harry says as he sees me standing in the middle of the entrance of the hall. "Oh hey Harry!" I flash a smile.

"How are you? I haven't seen you yesterday after Potions anymore"
"Oh yeah.." I start scratching the back of my ear nervously.

"..That's because Draco and I decided to skip dinner and hangout in the courtyard. You know, because of all the pretty leaves that have just started growing at this time" I explain and he nods.

For a moment he seems to think. He then all of a sudden turns his head towards Draco sitting at our table and then to his friends at theirs. 

He looks at me again. "Hey um, would you like to sit at the Gryffindor table? I mean if you want to. I know you usually only sit with Malfoy but-"  "Oh yeah sure" I cut him off. He seems relieved. "Awesome" he says and I tell him that I really have to inform Draco first..

When I walk up to Draco, my chest starts tightening a little. He would be all alone without me. He was actually the only person I'd ever spend time with and so was I to him. No one ever bothered to come up to us, because they knew we enjoyed being around one another.

I wouldn't have sat next to Harry, but Draco was really the only one I was with. Every single second. Some variety really wouldn't harm anyone, would it? And who knew? Maybe Harry could become a new friend to us?

I sit down next to Draco. His eyes shoot up and I see a gleam of relief in them.

"Hey" He smiles "Hey-" And before I can start about what I came for, he interrupts me. "Wanna ditch breakfast and pull a prank on Trelawney?" He grins and I grin back. But then it occurs to me.

"Oh" I say and he immediately sends me a questioning look. "I actually came here to tell you that I was sitting next to Harry and the others for breakfast"
"What?" He asks  "Yeah, he just came up to me and asked" 

I'm trying to read off what he is thinking.
But his expressions are really quite frankly always unrecognisable ones.

I turn around to Harry at the Gryffindor table. He is already looking at me. He smiles. I smile back.

I turn back around to Draco, only to find him looking at Harry aswell. 

"You can join if you like to?" I smile at him but but he just shakes his head
"No, I'm good" He looks down at his plate, with the food he has barely touched.

I sigh and stand up.

I slowly wrap my arms from behind around him, and bring my head close to his. Leaning in close.

"Stop being such a stubborn little child, people might think you're turning into a softie"
I nudge his head with mine and see a smile slowly creep up his lips. I tighten my arms around him.

I feel a few eyes on us. I ignore them.

"Breakfast will be over in no time and then we'll pull this prank. But seriously, why Trelawney? That woman has enough demons to fight." I joke and he lets out a breathy laugh. I let go of him and stand upright.