Chapter Four

Harry and I sit on top of the astronomy tower, backs leaned against a cold stone wall and gazes directed upwards. It has already much darkened, letting the stars blink bright and us stargaze.
I hum at the sight of nature.

Without turning to Harry I say :
"Do you sometimes ask yourself how you can be so lucky...? Lucky to live? Because I do...  I mean, how can I be that lucky to live, at the same time as beautiful nature? What did I do to deserve that?" I speak without breaking my view towards the sky.

It goes quiet for a moment. Until he speaks up.
"Yes, actually. I do too"
His eyes stay at the night-sky 

"Sometimes I ask myself why I have all the things I have. Why the things happen to me that do. Why did I get this life? How am I this lucky to have my friends and all the people who love and care about me. Who try to protect me" He answers.

We turn to look at each other and he smiles.  I smile back.

"You know, you're really easy to talk to. I really enjoy this" I say and his smile deepens. A little dimple sticks out.

"Really?" He asks
"Really"

It goes quiet again.
"Not every boy will talk to me like that, you know...
Actually no one will. It feels like every boy I look at, won't even acknowledge me."
I huff a few seconds later.

"I know it sounds ridiculous, sorry, I didn't want this conversation to go into that way"

Harry sighs  "You know, maybe...just maybe....I'm not saying that's true, but maybe that's because of your best friend"  he says and I look back at him.

"Why?  I mean I know people think we're more than just friends, but-"   "No" Harry interrupts.

"That's not really it. You know, he is Malfoy. He is pretty intimidating to every boy here and that's why they don't talk to you. They're scared they'll mess with him.  That's probably why I am the only one talking to you. I don't care about him " He tells me and it hits me starstruck.

"What? So he told others to not talk to me?!"

"What? No! He didn't. He did not say such thing to anyone. He's just simply intimidating to people"

I start laughing at this nonsense.
"Draco and intimidating? There's no way. He's sweet and wouldn't hurt anyone"
I explain and Harry raises a brow.

"I'd really like to see that side of him" He mumbles.

"Evangeline-"  I cut him off
"Please call me Evie" He smiles 
"Okay Evie, maybe you haven't exactly noticed, but Malfoy is pretty intimidating.I guess you just didn't know that, because he's a whole new person when he's with you"

That's what brings me into thinking

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

When I enter the Slytherin common room after leaving the astronomy tower, I find it comfortably warm after staying in the cold for such a long time.

I look up to see Draco sitting on the couch by the fire. The room had already swept empty.

"Hey" I say, coming to an halt before him.

"Hey"  he responds. He lifts the blanket for me to crawl under, and covers us with it. I place my head onto his shoulder, when his arm comes around my back.
I lean into him.

"Draco we have to talk about something" I say and he looks at me. "Sure, what is it?"

I take a deep breath. "I don't think we should continue being all touching and stuff in public, you know?" He takes his arm away again and I lift my head.

"What?" He asks
"Yes, I've really realised what kind of a mess it causes"

"Like what?" He says "A jealous Potter?"
"Come on Draco, don't be like this. I'm just telling you, it would be for the better."
"I don't understand how?"

I start recalling the memories from the past day. "I've heard a girl crying in the corridors because of you. Because of us. About how we are always hugging each other, letting her think we're into each other or something. Draco I don't want to be the cause of anyones pain."

"This isn't any of our problems. And I still don't get what that has to do with us? I don't like any of these girls and they have to accept it."

"No Draco, stop talking about 'these' girls like they are absolute garbage. They  are humans and have feelings. At least feel a little sorry for them, instead of being like this"

"Really?" He stand up "Draco-"

"No. Is that all this is about? The other girls?"
"No" I shake my head.
"No, it isn't. It's also about literally no boy looking anywhere near my way, because they're all just so intimidated by you. It's crazy. They think you own me or something"

His jaw clenches.
"Maybe that's, because that's what they see and not what I do" He says one last time, and with that leaves the common room..