Chapter Fifteen

"Miss Jacobs" I suddenly hear. I rip my head up. Professor Mcgonagall it is, having just come in, in the middle of the class.

Here I was sitting the whole time, wondering where the hell Draco had been. Relieved to finally talk about what had happened between us, I was. Eager to his arrival. Which had then never come.

I had been boring myself all alone. I had never truly realised, how boring all these classes without Draco would be. Yet, now I knew.
Now I knew and he still hadn't appeared.

Everyone's focus promptly goes to me, as does Professor Flitwicks and Professor Mcgonagalls.

"I will ask you to come with me, miss Jacobs" Professor Mcgonagall begins and I instantly panic. Draco.

"W-what? Why?" I ask in horror, which she seems to sense. I quickly stand up and gather my things.

Surely none of the gazes in the classroom leave me until I am at the door.
"Professor-" I begin "Come with me" And so she opens the door for the both of us to leave.

Clicking of shoes is to hear, as the Professor and I right next to her, trail down the corridors.

"I think I will be relieving you, to say that nothing necessarily bad has happened to Mister Malfoy" She says to really my relief and I let out a long exhale. Necessarily bad?

She continues. "Not in the way you think, at least." I look up at her again, but the Professor now avoids my gaze...

We reach the hospital wing, when a huge lump gets stuck in my throat. I see Madame Pomfrey reaching us.

"Oh finally. That boy wouldn't stop begging for her presence" She rather talks to Mcgonagall than to me. I bite back a grin, but still feel uncomfortable as I roam the surroundings.

Oh Draco,  what have you done now?

As Professor Mcgonagall leaves and Madame Pomfrey leads me into a hospital room, I find him. I find him laying in one of the beds, staring up at the ceilings, like I had done the other day.

He looks down at us.
"I will be leaving you two for now" Madame Pomfrey speaks from behind me, disappearing behind the door before either of us gets to answer.

"You!" I storm up to Dracos bed.
"What the hell have you done now?"

When my eyes find the red scratches and the bruises all over his face, my mood immediately softens. "No, Merlin" I mutter, sit down onto the edge of his bed and take his face into my hands.

He doesn't look up to me.
I lift his chin and let my fingertips softly brush against his skin. Against his swollen and bruising spots. I slowly glide my fingers over them, trying to be careful and not cause any more damage onto his pretty face.

Now he does look up to me, and the gleam in his eyes makes my heart soften and ache at once. His eyes are teary. He is on the verge of tears.

"Draco" I whisper, gliding my thumb over his temple.He doesn't answer.

"Draco" I repeat and brush the soft light strands, that are starting to fall down into his face away.

He continues looking away and I let out a sigh. I examine his appearance for a while.

It stings so incredibly much to see Draco Malfoy so vulnerable and hurt, that I cannot help but take his head down to my level and softly press my lips against his forehead.

His all white hair comes into my vision, making only them visible around me.

I take back a hand, still keep my lips pressed against his forehead, and run my fingers trough the hair at the back of his head. Trough his soft snow-white hair.

We stay like this. Pretty long, and neither of us seems to want this to end.

His scent surrounds me. His mint cologne and the smell of fresh apples. Green apples..

"I'm sorry, Evie" He mutters after a while..

When I move to get away, he holds me back. "Stay" He whispers. I nod as I wrap my arms around him. "I will" I answer, and so he snakes his warm arms around my waist and slowly pulls me back with him. Back into his bed, covering us with the blanket.

When we separate a little, but still don't let go of each other, I look him in the eyes.

They look lighter than ever, letting the sun outside not only his eyes, but his hair as well shine bright. I smile at him. At his white lashes. At his white hair. At his grey eyes. At his to curse astonishing pale skin.

"You're so beautiful" I say quietly and he smiles. He smiles and my heart melts for the second time this day.

What is happening to me.