Chapter Eighteen

I turn.
"Hey" I say breathy and look at Draco standing before me.

His eyes wander down to Pansy and Daphne.

He looks at me again. "Can we....talk for a second?" He asks, visible confusion lingering on his face.

I stand up, shoot the girls an apologising look and walk over to Draco.

"Since when..." He starts asking.
"Oh yes, we've sorted it all out, I think" I smile.He doesn't return the smile.

"What's wrong?" I ask to his frowning.
"Nothing, I...It's just new to see you with them, I guess."

"What were you up to?"
He looks around for a second.

"I was looking for you and thought we could do something, but it seems you're already occupied." He grins and I grin back.

"Do you wanna join?"
"Oh, I'd rather not listen to you gossiping about boys and stuff." He mocks and I hit him on the chest. "That's not what we do!" I tell him.

"Sure" He starts distancing himself, taking one step back after the other.
"I'll see you later" He says and then disappears.

When I return to the girls, Daphne immediately comes up with an idea.
"I'm really in the mood for pulling a prank." Pansy immediately agrees with her and so do I.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Have you got it?" Pansy in front of me whispers, as she quietly keeps tapping forward.
"Here" I whisper-shout back and hand her the bag.

Quietly, we enter the potions classroom and start placing white feathers into every corner of the room, casting a quick spell on them to let them burst out, once a person enters the room, and we hastily leave.

We sprint away as fast as we can. "Guys this is absolutely lunatic, do you know that?" Daphne burst. The three of us make our way down the Slytherin dungeons again.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The next day I sit with Daphne and Pansy at breakfast, Draco then having decided to join us too.

I talk to Draco next to me, as suddenly Professor Slughorn bursts into the hall, making every student turn to look at him.

And I cannot believe my eyes..
I swiftly turn to Pansy and Daphne. We look eye-widened at on another, the three of us trying to suppress our smirks.

I turn back to the Professor, who is angrily stomping towards Dumbledore.

"Are those...." Draco next to me whispers,
"Feathers?" He says. I silently nod and hold a hand pressed against my mouth.

Draco inspects the three of us, then realisation dawns onto him.
"You didn't" He says.
"We did"
"You didn't" He repeats.
"Hell yes, we did" Daphne states proudly and Draco stares at me unbelievably.

A moment of us silently staring at each other pass, as he cracks a smile.
"Merlin, why did we never pull this one"

"Very well" We hear Professor Dumbledore speak, as he gets up from his seat and positions himself at the front of the hall.

"Students..." We hear him begin.
"I've come to hear, that some of you.. I mustn't know whether it was one person or more, , have decided..... to play a ...so called joke" He says and the whole hall has gone quiet by now.

He turns to the all feather covered Professor.

"I shall not give any more information. The responsible students will be knowing about the matter, as of the issue here. Me and Professor Slughorn himself, would be appreciating you to tell us the truth, so we can choose an appropriate punishment" He calls and then sits back down.

We hear a voice behind us.
"As if anyone would turn themselves in. Are they thinking of us as that daft?"

I look at Daphne and Pansy, both having gone red from trying not to laugh..