Chapter Thirteen

Once again, the great hall goes quiet as I enter. They must probably have all seen the events of yesterday, but who were they to judge me.

I keep walking until I reach my house table, sitting down and not caring about anyone around me.

Then I feel his gaze on me.
I turn to my side and there Draco is watching me. We hold an eye contact until the two of us abruptly look away.

When I feel a gaze from my other side, my eyes catch Parkinson's. But instead of a remark like I had expected it to be, she smiles at me.

She smiles and I smile back.

In matter of factly, I would've expected her to be different than yesterday.
I explained her nice yesterdays behaviour as the result of alcohols effect. I seemingly was wrong, I try not to overshow how happy that makes me.

I turn back to my breakfast.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

About to leave the hall, I get stopped from no one other than Harry.

"Evie!" I turn around.
But when my eyes find Harry, they don't only find him. They find Draco, trying to leave too.

He swiftly looks up at Harry's calling.
Draco has always been the only one to call me Evie. He gave me that nickname, while others like my family, insisted on calling me Angie and similar. I hated that name. Surely I never told them.

Evie was the only name I had ever grown to like among all those others.

Draco looks at me. I avoid his glare and turn to Harry. "Hey, Harry! Haven't heard from you in a while. How have you been!"

Draco scoffs. He just scoffs and leaves.
Sometimes I could quite frankly wrap my hand around his neck and strangle him. Really.

"Oh I've been pretty good, thank you! But um, I was meaning to ask you something"

Panic out of the nowhere, now erupts inside me. "Oh..I- yeah" I stutter. He doesn't seem to care and just smiles.

"So uh.. I assumed you've already heard about the Winterball?" He asks and I nod.

Who hadn't? It was the top 1 topic of the students, freaking out about every fuss of it, since Mcgonagall had announced it, which was two months ago.

"So yeah, I've just been asking myself, if you maybe wanted to go with me?"

Surprise gets to me, letting me firmly freeze in. I don't get a word out. He notices it.

"Oh, I'm sorry if you already have a date. Draco I assume, my apologies, really!"
He throws his hands up "Really, it was all Rons idea, he just said you would say-"

"Yes" I cut him off. He lifts his head. "What?"
"Yes" I repeat.

He isn't wrong with me originally wanting to go with Draco. But that's just because we agreed to go together, due to none of us getting any dates. To my person, it was true that I never got asked. I wasn't so sure about him tough.

Now. Now I got asked and it would finally be something different to go with him and not Draco.

"Oh" His cheeks start reddening.
"Okay, then" He runs a hand trough his hair.

"I'll see you, I guess" He takes a step back, before vanishing completely..