Chapter Eight

Tw: Alcohol mentioned

"Evangeline" Daphne Greengrass, my roommate bursts in. I look up from the book I am currently reading "Yes?"

She smiles sweetly "Uh, so we're all hanging out in the common room and thought you might want to join us as well?" She rather asks than states and I immediately get up

"Who exactly do you mean by 'all'?"

"Oh, it's just me, Astoria, Pansy, Blaise, Draco, Crabbe and Goyle" She says

"Draco?" I ask. She nods "Yeah"

"Okay" I smile "I'll come down in a minute" She nods before closing the door shut and leaving.

Rushing over to the mirror, I quickly fix my appearance, because my hair really started to stand into all possible directions.

I had been in by bed all day. I had been in my bed, reading and disappearing from all the happenings around me, rather than searching for a solution.

Draco..
Draco and I hadn't talked in the last couple of days. Actually not a word and just awkward glances.

I couldn't even quite recall what had happened that day. But what I could remember was the way I had leaned in. The way he had leaned in. The way our lashes had almost brushed.

I don't know what had gotten into me that day, and I honestly didn't even want to know. It was scary and I wouldn't wish for a repeat, I think to myself, ignoring this one weirdly disapproving part inside of me.

A few weak-shining candles, I am seeing in the dungeon-corridors, as I start passing them.

Chatter and laughter from downstairs are already audible and when I begin tapping down the stairs, Blaise greets me.

"Oh hey Evangeline, finally decided to come out of your dorm?" He says sarcastically, which I simply roll my eyes at.

I roam the circular formation everyone in this room is currently sitting in, and my eyes  immediately find his.

Draco isn't looking at me.
Rather trying his best to do the exact opposite, which to my opinion looks pretty ridiculous. I bite back a little grin, finding the only free seat... Next to him. So I take it.

"Alright let's go!" Blaise shouts excited.
"Oh hey Evangeline, you need a drink!" He notices, but I shake it off  "Nah, I'm good"

He rolls his eyes "Come on. Don't be a party pooper. Just one drink, it won't harm anyone" He says encouragingly.

I didn't drink often. Actually quite rarely but when I feel Dracos poker-faced gaze on me, I decide that I would actually really really be needing it tonight.

"Fine, but just one" I already get passed a cup of fire whiskey.

When about an hour must have passed, I am tipsy. No. Way more than just tipsy.
Currently giggling at the sight of Astoria Greengrass trying to kiss her disturbed sister on the cheek, Parkinson cuts in.

"Hey, let's play truth or dare" Her hungry gaze at Draco doesn't pass my notice. It cannot.

I look around to see the younger Greengras one, Astoria Greengrass turning to look at Draco eagerly too.

I snort loudly, without even thinking, leaning myself against Draco.

I immediately feel him stiffen.
"You know.." I look him into the eyes. His beautiful.. wonderful eyes.
His angelic appearance is blurring into my sight.

"Who the fuck here doesn't have a crush on you?" I laugh at him and hint at the two clearly swooning girls, from besides us.

He chuckles. He chuckles and my heart aches.  It is the first contact we have again.

"Blaise doesn't"
I look at him. He looks at me.
I know my eyes just have to be the most bloodshot ones ever.

"Hey, Blaise!" I call. He turns to look at me.

"What would you do if Draco had a crush on you?" I call and he raises his brows.

"The fuck?" He says and Draco and I start chuckling.

Now I really realise how much I missed these moments. These moments with him. I examine him from the side. If he notices, he isn't showing it. He keeps his face straight on, towards the others.

Blaise rubs his hands heatedly. I look away from Draco.

"Okay let's begin, who's first?"
"Me" Parkinson quickly calls.

She hefts a daring gaze at me and I immediately stiffen. Draco finally looks at me. When we suddenly share an eye contact, that is deeper than I had wished for it to be, he softly smiles. I raise a brow.

He takes my hand in his, intertwining my fingers with his and something weird happens inside of me.

I want to puke at that feeling.

"Truth or dare, Jacobs"
I give myself a moment " Truth"  She grins. I tense.

"Why weren't you and Draco in contact for the whole week?"

Was it hot in here? I was pretty much sweating. I feel Draco watching me carefully.

Bitterness but curiosity is written on Parkinsons face and so on the other ones. But if they are thinking I am just going to hit out every fact about mine and Dracos lives, they are insanely wrong.

"Well, I didn't know you had already gotten to the point where you were stalking us, Parkinson. I also do not think that this would be any of your concern"

"Ohh come on, don't be such a grouch, I'm simply asking you a question" She smiles and I scoff.

"Truth or dare, Blaise" Astoria suddenly snaps, continuing the game but into a different direction.

"Dare"

Time had passed and I wasn't tipsy anymore. I was wasted. Completely and fully wasted and sitting between Dracos legs. He is leaning against the couch behind us, wrapping an arm around my waist and attentively watching the others.

This boy is as drunk as I am.

I don't really know how we got into normally talking again, let alone into this position, but I do not care.

"Truth or dare, Draco" Daphne says to him. I crane my neck back to look him into the eyes.

He looks down at me for a moment. 
Oh how bloodshot his eyes are. I giggle at that.

"Truth" he responds.

It stays silent for a moment.
"Who of us here would you most likely kiss?"

He scoffs but chuckles weird.
"Evie" He says without even hesitating.
I lift my head up, but he doesn't look at me.

"I actually almost did, but fuck-" He runs his fingers trough his hair  "Then of course we got interrupted" he spits weirdly, in his very seemingly drunken state.

I don't know why. But then I squeeze his arm around my waist. He finally looks at me. Ignoring the audience around us. We don't stop staring at each other.

"Have I ever told you about how much I love your eyes" I grin cheekily "Look like little oceans" He bursts out laughing and so do I.

"Do they now?" "Yes!"

When the others begin to concentrate on theirselves again, Draco wraps another arm around my waist , leaning his chin onto my shoulder.

"Hey" He whispers "Hey" I smile.

"I'm sorry I ignored you. I just didn't know what the fuck to do" He says without leaving his eyes on mine, which is so deep, that I break the eye contact, looking forward again.

I think for a moment.
Then I quickly place a kiss onto his cheek.

"Here is your kiss" I whisper back...