Chapter Twelve

"Woah guys, I really need to use the restroom now" Daphne informs us.
"Merlin, yes, me too"  Pansy chirps in.

"You coming, Evangeline?" Daphne asks , but I shake my head. "I'll be waiting here"
I explain, and so they leave.

I stand on the dark, yet extremely light-flashed dance floor, with many many drunk and sweaty students around me.

The music suddenly turns into a slower one, and without sparing a second thought, I dance.

It must have been the alcohol inside of me, because I would never have soberly danced all alone, and all like that.

I slowly lift my arms up, swinging my hips to the music and letting the music lead me on.

I dance and dance, swinging from left to right, not caring about anything in the world.

After a while, I strangely feel like someone is...watching me? I feel uneasy all of a sudden. Watched.
I sink my head down, looking around the room.

Then I indeed find eyes on me.
Just not ones I know.

A boy from across the room keeps his gaze on me.
I turn around, dancing and trying to ignore everyone and everything around me.

After a while I turn back around.
That boys eyes are still hefted on me, even more intense now.

And when I suddenly see him stand up, to start crossing the dance floor into direction of me, I look around.

He begins grinning as only a few metres separate us. I try not to panic.

But before the boy even gets to reach me, I feel a cold strong arm, snake around my waist, pulling my into a hard broad chest.

I look down at the rings on his fingers, pressed against my waist, and let out a breath of relief.

I see the boy before me. Eye widened. He hastily turns around and disappears. I grin.

I feel Draco placing his second arm around the other side of my waist. He bends down to me.

I feel his hot breath at the side of my face, but keep my head straight forward.

"Look at all these boys wanting you, when I'm not around" He whispers and a shiver runs down my spine. I cough it away. I hear him chuckle.

I turn around in his arms and look up to him.
He grins. I grin back, and so I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him down to my level.

"Then don't just disappear like that." I whisper back and feel his arms tighten around me.
I play with a strand of his hair. His eyes getting intense. I ignore it.

When I try to remove my right arm from his neck, to take another sip of my drink, he pulls it back.

"I think you're drunk enough now, Evie." He says. Before I get to say a thing, he takes the cup of alcohol from my hands and starts drinking it.

I stare up at him like I never have.
The way his white hair falls down into his face fascinates me like it never has. I keep my eyes concentrated on him. I watch his red lips coming into contact with the red cup and immediately feel hot. It is indescribable and I don't know why, but I snatch the cup away from his hand and throw it away.

"What-" I cut him off by placing my hands on his cheeks. He knits his brows and I get closer. I get closer and closer, feeling warmer and warmer.

His arms tighten around me, and inches separate our faces, making me turn it into less.

My lips brush against his and my entire body feels like on fire. I feel his heavy breath against me, getting heavier and heavier, and before I get to move any closer, I hear a voice call me.

"Hey, Evangeline, we're back-"
I hastily break off the contact and get to move away from Draco.

I see Parkinson and Daphne eye widened by my side and look up at Draco.

"I-" I begin but nothing seems to get out.
I as fast as I can leave...