protected

I ran through the castle trying to find Draco, but I had no luck.

"Fuck" I said to myself.

There was only one more place I had in mind but I wasnt sure. The bridge. I run out off the castle feeling the winter breeze his my legs sending a shiver up my body. I walk in a fast pace passing a few kids, either making out or reading a book.

I don't know why they would want to be out here, it was freezing out. 

Walking up to the entrance of the bridge I finally see the platinum blonde haired boy staring out to the darkness below.

I pick up my pace almost in a jog now. 

He turns hearing the footsteps coming towards him, and immediately rolls his eyes and begains to walk the other way.

"Draco" I yelled. He didn't pay any attention or look at me, like I wasnt there.

"Draco, Draco" I continued catching up to him.

I ran across the bridge trying to catch up to him hearing animals go on with there nightly activities in the forest. 

He finally stopped turning around being about three feet away from me. Not in a happy way though. 

The dirt smeared across his white buttoned up, his face still looking just as angry as before.

"Plea-" I tried to say before he could cut me off.

"No, I don't care Y/N. I don't want to be anywhere near you right now." He said. I could tell he was angry very obviously and for a good reason, but I couldn't help the sense that he just wanted to cry.

Without saying a word I tried to lean in and hug him, but before I could wrap my arms around him he shoved me off.

"No."

I ignore what he said and went to hug him. This time he let me, feeling the warmth of his body against mine.

His body felt weak and tired, like he had pushed so hard.

I laid my head on his chest holding him, I listened to his heart go from beating harshly to slowing down.

He let out a loud sigh almost in relief and picked up his arms gently wrapping them around my body.

I felt his body start to shake softly in my arms, he was probably cold especially not wearing a coat out in this weather.

I looked up seeing his beautiful eyes start to water.

I pulled away slightly letting his hands drop to my waist. I picked my hand up rubbing his cheek with my thumb wiping away the tear that had fallen. His head became heavier on my hand as his eyes just looked into mine. Speaking to me with his without words like he always did. 

"Draco" I said. My eyes felt drowsy, I was exausted and the fact it was pitch black outside didn't help me being less tired. 

"I know," He relplied.

We stood there, not needing to say anything. He wasn't mad he was just there. With me. 

For the first time in awhile I was there. Not thinking about the past or future, just the fire and ice between us.

"Would you like to go to the library with me Y/N?" his husky voice asked.

"Yes."

He pushed his body off the railing and put both hands in his pockets. I wrapped my arm around his and we walked. It felt like we were gonna lose eachother at any moment, and if I let go he would be gone, but he didn't complian he just walked his big steps as my short ones kept up.

We were back inside, finally. It was freezing outside.

Going through the same hall we were once in, where the tears ran down my face in horror. My grip became tighter around his arm, slowly inching my body closer. 

He felt my body closer to his and his stepped slowed down a little. Matching mine I felt more calm. I felt his icy eyes look down to me, I smiled to myself.

I felt protected by him. I always felt protected by Draco.

Once we walked up to the library I lloked up to the gradfather clock that was infront. 

10:56 pm

I hadn't relized how late it got although it did feel like 2am. 

I tugged at him slightly. He looked down to me as I unattached my arm from him now standing face to face. 

"The doors, they'll be locked" I say. 

He stepped closer to the door an extended his arm, just trying the door before he tries anything. It opened.

He glanced over to me and just shruged. "Ladies first." I rolled my eyes slightly and smirked.

"So what book are we looking for exactly?" I ask.

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." He said.

"The Great Gatsby?" I smiled, only my favorite book of all time. "I didn't think you -- you would enjoy a book like that." 

"I thought I would try aomething new."

I followed his footsteps behind him walking past the books of love. Each story so different, each story with charachters, and different love.

He turned down an aisle brushing his hands along the books until one caught his hand. 

The Great Gatsby.

He looked down to it brushing it pages than looking back up to me. I smiled leaning on the shelf. 

"I heard you talking about this at dinner the other day and-" he paused, seeing my eyebrows furrow together losing concentration, "what?"

"Do you hear that?" I say starting to walk out of our aisle and to the next. The mere sound of giggles getting more clear until I turned onto the row.

There I saw the tall raven haired boy with each of his arms on the sides of a girl. His lips slowly taken away from the girl. Her eyes big as she relized I was standing there, his eyes taken away from her to me. 

Ripping into my skin he saw my eyes start to water for the second time tonight.