𝟬𝟯

Rather than saying a simple "Thank you",

I've been searching for prettier words,

So I haven't been able to thank you.

Seventeen - Thanks

It may have been four months that passed by, but the two girls grew closer  - closer than friends, a sister, to be precise. They supported each other in any way like how Chaerin wanted to pursue a fashion degree just like how her parents took off and became a professional at that field. And like usual, before the sun rose at the horizon, the oldest of the Lee woke up with her body all freshened up and busy at the kitchen cooking the younger's favorite meal.

Today wasn't like any other day. It was the day in which all of the blood, sweat, and tears she shed would soon be over and rewarded. Heeyeon adjusted her thin-rimmed glasses in her face as mist from the boiling pot of spaghetti noodles fogged her glasses. According to the invitation, they had at least five hours to get ready to arrive at the ceremony.

A smile bloomed on her face as she added the tomato sauce and paste to the strained spaghetti noodles with a splash of butter on the side. Heeyeon remembered the feeling of walking down the podium with every memory of her nights she stayed up flashing in her mind, and the way she saw the proud smile her professors gave her when they handed over the golden certificate to her hands, and the tight embrace of her parents she received as soon as she got down.

She wanted to show the younger person the feeling of someone waiting down the podium and give her a hug when she received her certificate. The younger Lee was now growing taller with the way Heeyeon always nudges her to sleep earlier than way past midnight. Now, it was only a few more that she could be taller than her, how time passed by fast.

When she finished plating down the pasta in the white porcelain plate, she went ahead and like how she appreciated the finishing touches, she placed down a red rose that she protected at the backyard for this day. "She's going to be late again," she added, "Better make this quick."

Her hands steadily held the wooden tray above her swollen belly and carefully climbed up the stairs. And as she twisted the golden doorknob, the sight of the sleeping teenager with her foot dangling down the bed was seen. She placed the tray atop of the white table at the foot of the bed and walked over to the pastel pink curtains to let the room brighten up with the rays of sun. "Good morning!"

Heeyeon bent down a little, not that much since she had a baby in her belly, and watched with a teasing grin at the younger who woke up with her hair tangled again in her black hair tie. She walked over again to the table and placed down the wooden tray in the white blanket over the younger's lap.

"Sweetie, it's your graduation day," she said as she opened the closet to take out the classic long white dress with billowy sleeves to the bed, sitting down the bed and watched as the younger gulfed down the noodles with chopsticks. When she was about to get up from the bed, suddenly, the younger hugged her waist as tears stained her lavender dress. "Thank you."

And after the teen had freshened up and eaten breakfast, Heeyeon pressed the tip of the warm curler to the last strands of the once straight hair of the teen. She let go of the strand and made it bounce from the way it landed to be a part of the other curled strands of her hair. After that, she grabbed the eyeshadow palette and swiped her brush to light salmon pink eyeshadow to the trembling eyelids of the younger teen.