38

🇲​🇾​ 🇲​🇦​🇲​🇦​ 🇦​🇱​🇼​🇦​🇾​🇸​ 🇸​🇦​🇮​🇩​, "🇬​🇮​🇷​🇱​, 🇾​🇴​🇺​'🇷​🇪​ 🇹​🇷​🇴​🇺​🇧​🇱​🇪​"

🇦​🇳​🇩​ 🇳​🇴​🇼​ 🇮​ 🇼​🇴​🇳​🇩​🇪​🇷​, 🇨​🇴​🇺​🇱​🇩​ 🇾​🇴​🇺​ 🇫​🇦​🇱​🇱​ 🇫​🇴​🇷​ 🇦​ 🇼​🇴​🇲​🇦​🇳​ 🇱​🇮​🇰​🇪​ 🇲​🇪​?

🇱​🇮​🇹​🇹​🇱​🇪​ 🇲​🇮​🇽​ - 🇼​🇴​🇲​🇦​🇳​ 🇱​🇮​🇰​🇪​ 🇲​🇪​

There were days when Chaerin felt down. In the instant of a few weeks, she had met all the circumstances that she was pretty used to even though she was never a social person. When she woke up, she first rushed to the bathroom to take a bath.

But she had forgotten that she was supposed to have a break from both of her jobs. The reason was that she was overworking herself, and they couldn't let herself die from exhaustion. Chaerin couldn't think of anything to do since the children were in their daycare school and Chaerin had finished all the work needed from her professors.

In the corner of her vision, she saw the bright rays of the sun from her slightly opened curtains. They were quite warm, and it gives off a slight melancholy with a wisp of the memories flashing in her head. "A break," she muttered, taking slow steps to her cabinets and searching for a suitable outfit.

She had always been fond of fashion ever since she was little. The way her dresses flutters down the wind or the way you have to think of different combinations to partner up different types of clothes. It was what inspired her to create different apparel. But now, it was all just hidden in her closet, worn a few times.

Normal people always wear the brightest colors. Some would say that it influences their mood, and some would argue that it was a statement. But to her, clothes were protection and a way to communicate to the world.

As she held the soft fabric of the yellow dress in her closet, her mind flashed back to the day she had met the subway stranger. The way he had defended her with those kind words melted her heart, making it beat once more and live for another day. Or the way his eyes would crinkle every time he would smile...

"Why? I hate this!" Chaerin screamed as red hues covered her skin, littering it and complimenting the embarrassed smile she had hidden in her palms. "Why am I blushing?"

"It must be the high heat these days," she muttered as she fanned herself while the other hand hugged her yellow dress. "There's no way I am having a crush on a stranger. No way!"

After a few minutes, she came out of the bathroom with a yellow sundress, light make-up, and a white purse bag. Chaerin walked down the stairs, avoiding the ruckus from her two friends with a slight music ringing from their rooms. Right, it was karaoke Friday. They must have been singing until they were sore.

"I'll be back!" She waited for a response before sighing. Why does it seem like she had been always the mother of those two? They were more like her spawns than her children.

A cool breeze whipped past her, the sun ray shone brightly from afar, and the trees from her shade made relaxing sounds as the leaves crinkled from the gusts of wind. The park was almost empty, except for the occasional families having picnics with their beloved ones.

Lee Chaerin smiled as she grabbed her white purse, rummaging from the various necessities in the pockets until she found her digital camera. It was a gift when she turned eighteen, bought by Nara from her part-time modeling job. She remembered filming, documenting everything, and every hour that she spent with her loved ones.

As she clicked the shutter, she captured the bright blue sky with a couple of clouds and a flock of birds passing by. "Nice," she said to herself as she readied the camera once more for another shot.

She readied her camera, pointing at the nearest tree in the vicinity wherein it clicked with its shutters as it focused on someone that looked at her with their hazel brown eyes. She slowly lowered her camera, holding it near her chest, and only did they notice their prolonged stare.

Time seemed to slow down as the person made its way towards her, looking around before grabbing the camera near her chest, With their eyebrows furrowed, he once again stared at her before he flinched as if he had recognized her.

"You're the one from the subway," she blurted out as a smile unconsciously spread from her cheeks. The person only smiled awkwardly before glancing around and grabbing her hand, hiding behind the tree.

"I'm sorry but someone's following me," the person whispered before placing his hand above her mouth, effectively shushing her words.

And as soon as he said that, a couple of reporters with cameras in their hands panicked and got out of their hideout. They gritted their teeth and ruffled their hair in frustration. "Where is he!"

"Sunbaenim! Please keep quiet. What if others find out?" The other person, remarkably younger than their partner, was slapped on the shoulders.

"Shut it! Why can't they let our jobs be easier? All we need is one picture, just one! They have their agencies backing them up anyway. Besides, they can get fame this way," the older one shouted at the distressed younger reporter.

It was at this moment that Chaerin had enough of those an excuse of a reporter. She clutched her phone and held it in her ear, calling the police as she ruffled her hair with tears coming out of her eyes.

"What are you doing?" The man asked as she removed his hands that were stopping her from getting out from their hiding spot. "Let me handle this. Besides, you must have something to hide from them... Call this repaying the favor."

'911, what's your emergency?' The other line asked as she peeked at the reporters who were still arguing with each other. "I'm near the park at XXXXX. And I think that reporters are following me since a while ago."

In a couple of minutes, the police arrived with sirens wailing; the reporters were panicking, looking around to see who reported them since they had done their best to be discreet.

"It's them!" She pointed at the bushes that started rustling with the reporters shaking their heads at the police. "You have it wrong, officers!" The younger reporter shook their heads as the police looked at the other reporter for affirmation.

The older one glared at her for a moment before gritting his teeth, "Police officers, you have it wrong. We were just reporters, and we are not stalking this young lady."

"If so, what are you documenting?" The officers asked as he pressed buttons on their walkie-talkie, whispering towards it as one of them handed handcuffs.

Chaerin pretended to look shocked before saying, "Oh, don't tell me... You are following someone else like an idol?" She raised her hands and covered her smirk, besides, the outcome was obvious.

She won.