08

Our smile flowers bloom.
I'll be the spring to your smile.

Seventeen - Smile flower

_____________________________

Orange hues littered down her room, accompanied by the chimes of the alarm clock on her bedside table. Chaerin opened her onyx eyes, and her hands wiped the slight dust underneath her eyes.

Her tired body reached out to the alarm and turned it off, and she turned to her right. The loud chime did not wake up the asleep baby in his crib. A slight smile appeared on her mouth as she went downstairs.

The sweet smell of coffee lingered in the air as Chaerin prepared the baby formula of her son. Her son, she liked calling him like that. A sigh of relief escaped her mouth as her ears enjoyed the silence of the morning.

Future is inevitable, she thought. Before, all her problems were about school. But now, she has a son to care for, and her money only lasts for her.

She was shaking the baby bottle as her hands opened the wooden door. A cute gurgle greeted her, laughing with his arms out. "You're quite hungry, Heeseungie."

Baby Heeseung hungrily devoured the milk, and she opened her closet. It has been a while since she got to pick an outfit. Mostly, she would get a random piece of clothing. But now, appropriate clothes would fit her.

"My favorite," she muttered as she hugged the clothing, "White blouse and black slacks."

She quickly showered and wore her clothes. Her alarm went off as she grabbed her baby bag with her purse and attached Baby Heeseung inside the baby sling.

People flocked to the bus station, chattering and complaining like usual. Chaerin sat in the chair with Baby Heeseung in her lap. She looked at the teenagers beside her, and they wore beautiful clothing and fiddled with their phones.

She looked down at the baby in her lap and realized time went by fast. A cry snapped her out of her daydream as Baby Heeseung babbled to her. She waved the teddy bear in front of her child, "Mr. Snuggles is here."

Her eyes wandered to the same scenery on the bus. Although she has seen it many times, it would always amaze her. Baby Heeseung played with his teddy bear as she smiled at him.

The announcement rang in her ears as many people departed the bus. Chaerin panicked as she reached for her purse and baby bag. A hand grabbed her belongings, making her look up at the person.

He seems familiar.

"Thank you very much," she said and left with Baby Heeseung asleep in her arms. A smile graced her lips as she stepped down the bus. A cozy brown flower shop with quaint flowers decorating the front stood with a help sign posted in the window.

"Oh, Chaerin-ssi! Welcome!" Minho-ssi said as he handed over a bouquet of assorted flowers to her. He must have been in his 20s as his build was quite tall.

He grabbed her belongings and rushed to the back room. Chaerin blinked at him, and everything happened so fast before she said something to him.

"Let's look around here, Heeseungie," she muttered as they walked past different flowers with varying smells and colors. A flower patch caught her eyes, bending down to show the baby to the flowers.