20

As the days went by, I really got better
But sometimes, when I'm too happy, I'm afraid I'll be in pain again
I'm afraid that someone will take away this happiness

BOL4 - To my youth

A/N:  What song do you think inspired me to make this? Comment, please! Thank you!

_______________________________________________

The sun hasn't risen yet the matriarch of the household began her day. Her outfit has long been chosen the night they left the hospital. Luckily, Minho volunteered to take care of her children. Notes full of rules and reminders filled a space in their refrigerator; the funny part is that lists of emergency numbers are in every note. 

She also rummaged the wardrobe, once folded and hung up, now laid in bed in rows. The bathroom also isn't spared. The temperature is set to a comfortable setting for the children, not too hot or cold. A worrywart she may be but with a man-child and 4 children, every day is a battle. 

 Currently, Chaerin is in a frantic mess. Her fretting caused her to notice that her friend, Nara, woke up. "Unnie, it's not morning yet. Why are you so loud?" She asked, sitting in the chair at the dining table. Chaerin stirred the soup she is making before looking at Nara. "As you can notice, you have eyes. Duh. And I'm cooking for the kids, yes including Minho." She grumbled as she tasted the soup.

_______________________________________________

Nara rolled her eyes and looked at her sister figure. She reminded her of home, warm and always there for you. The moment she saw her, curiosity filled her heart. A teen like her yet her eyes told a different story. She also carried a baby which she thought that is her brother. 

They talked a lot. Moments like this are rare for Nara. Growing up with business-centered parents, she craved a parental figure. Worry for her, care for her whole being, and listen to her. Every day is like drowning in an endless sea: transparent, constricting, and suffocating. People came to her - fake and after her parent's money - and pretends to care for her. 

It's difficult at first. She was never the priority of Chaerin. It felt lonely. Whenever they hang out, her topics are always about her kids. To be honest, she's jealous - she'll never admit aloud that she got envious of children. But when she held Baby Heeseung, she understands. The joy and pride of holding a fragile baby. 

After they hang out, she felt drowning once more. The apartment, more like a penthouse, her parents gave her feels - lonely. Furniture worth millions is displayed and the dining table imported from another country felt lavish yet it mocks her. That all her parents could give her is material objects and not what she craves: love.

Then, she mustered up her courage. Asking Chaerin if she could move in is the hardest thing she did all her life. It's asking if she could interrupt your whole life. But then the kind - kind is underestimating term for her - Chaerin smiled and agreed. Words can't describe what she is feeling at that moment.

Everything felt like waking up from a nightmare. Wary and relieved, she began to anticipate what will happen in her day. Will she catch a rare moment of Chaerin swearing? Will the other children know that the quiet Sunghoon is the one who's been pranking them nowadays? She finally felt free. No drowning in the sea of masses. Fake people swarming her.