28

How it could be as sweet as candy?
How it's like flying in the sky?
I wanna know know know know
What is love?

Twice - What is love?

Everything was peaceful as the sun rose with its rays shining through the window. The windchime slowly bumped against each other, making a gentle melody that slowly told the sleeping person. Chaerin shifted from her bed as she opened her hazel brown eyes with a dash of a greenish tint. The tint instantly vanished after a few blinks.

She stretched her arms as her phone rang from the bedside table. It lit up with the manager from the café in the incoming call. Chaerin arranged the phone on speaker as she rummaged the closet for a fresh set of clothes. "Chaerin-ah," the manager spoke with the usual elderly voice.

"Manager-nim," she replied as her hands lifted two oversized shirts. Green or blue? The shirts were tossed on the bed as she started to find the flawless jeans to pair with the chosen top. "The café will be closed today. I hope you'll enjoy your day off."

Chaerin halted for a moment as the call finished. She let out a shout of excitement with her fist extended in the air. Her eyes wandered to the calendar suspended up on the wall; it indicates the month of April with a big circle mark on today's date.

A smile engraves on her face as she hastens up with freshening up. After a few minutes, she came out of the bathroom, fully dressed, and descended downstairs. The smell of the freshly made pancakes excited her as voices from downstairs halted her from running down.

"Nara, you flipped the pancakes too fast," Minho reprimanded her as Chaerin hid from one of the walls near the kitchen. She stifled a laugh as Nara pouted at him with the constant pounding of his chest. Minho laughed as he focused his gaze only on Nara, and Chaerin swears that she witnessed roses in the background.

The atmosphere became quiet as they continued cooking pancakes. Chaerin let out a sigh with her steps getting closer to the kitchen. They were occupied that they never noticed her sitting at the chair, watching them contentedly. "When will the wedding start?"

Minho and Nara stopped as they gradually turned their backs to find her sitting at the chair with a smirk etched on her face. Her eyes glinted as they focused on their intertwined hands, and a hand covered her mouth in surprise. "I am not informed that both of you are together," Chaerin stated with a mock surprised expression.

They both allowed each other to go as Nara concealed her hand behind her back and clenched it with regret expression hidden in the mask of embarrassment. It did not escape from Chaerin as she leaned toward her hand with a plan forming in her mind. Minho coughed as he positioned a plate of pancakes in front of her, "just eat."

"Sure," Chaerin purred as they all sat down at the table with the occasional sound of the coffee maker in the background. Nara darted down at the plate with a red hue embellishing her face. She occasionally looked at Minho, who had an indifferent expression.

Why is she feeling this way? She was supposed to be teasing them, not her. The butterflies on her stomach did not vanish as her body awkwardly shifted. Absentmindedly, she chewed down on her bottom lip as she engulfed a mouthful of pancake. "You're stupid," she grumbled.

"What did I do?" Minho complained as the icy expression on his face vanished with a nervous one. His ears reddened as he looked away from her; she must have caught that he was staring at her.

Underneath the table, he clenched his fist in excitement. Huh? Why would he be excited about that? Minho does not need or desire a relationship now. He finally escaped from his overbearing parents, and he could not afford to be hauled into that life again.

He must have been hungry. With that, he swallowed down a pancake with anger on his face. He does not have time for the leisure of falling in love. Minho peeked to his side as he watched Nara eating her food with the occasional pout on her face. 'Cute,' he thought.

The smell of the breakfast reached upstairs as Jay woke up with a hungry stomach. Jay caresses his stomach as he ascends the bunk bed with his older brother. Jay slapped Heeseung's legs as his sleepy eyes closed, but his mind remained awake. "Hyung," he called out with a groggy voice.

Heeseung shifted as he blocked out his younger brother from his head. He still wanted to sleep, but he could not since he accidentally kicked him. Jay immediately cried as Heeseung jolted in alert with his hands covering his mouth. "Don't cry... I'll buy you candy later," he bribed him as sniffles came out of Jay's mouth.

"Corn flavored?" Jay asked as confusion painted his face. Corn? He dismissed the thought as he nodded as Jay grinned at him. His jaw slackened as he acknowledged that he was fooled. "I'll go wake them up," Heeseung volunteered, and Jay dashed downstairs.

His little hands unlocked the doorknob of the younger siblings, yet he was confronted with the most adorable moment of his life. Jake was huddled up with Sunghoon as a blanket was draped on them, and slight snores echoed in the room.

"Wake up," Heeseung whispered, slightly patting their heads. They shifted a bit, and Sunghoon awakened up. He extended his arms to Heeseung and closed his eyes again. "Hey, don't sleep again," he reprimanded Sunghoon with him carrying in his arms.

Perhaps, it was true. Heeseung has a favorite sibling among the three. But he would never tell them. They were honestly cute, but they were a handful.

When he was in charge of them, he was proud. His mother never let them out of her sight, and she treated him like a child. Heeseung knew this was the time he could stand out. He let them run around, and he agreed to everything they wanted. But then, they behaved like a child with their candies snatched from them.

"Jake, go downstairs when you're ready," Heeseung stopped as his eyes are glued in the child on the bed, "I know you're awake." Jake did not move from his position as Heeseung sighed. He closed the door, still carrying Sunghoon in his back.

Ugh, siblings.