25

When I sadly hold out my hand, the child runs away
So I hold onto the empty air by myself

IU - Dear Name

____________________________________________

The room was in a white, huge, and clean condition. The manager opened the door for them. Chaerin stiffened as she locked her eyes to the thirteen men - attractive to say. "I suppose you all have fun," the manager spoke.

"Thank you," they both mumbled. With a shut of the door, all fell into a deafening silence. Nara pointed at the nearby chairs and sat down in the chair provided by the staff. They both looked at the walls to avoid their piercing gazes. Since the backstage tickets were expensive, they managed to get some.

Chaerin fiddled with her green handheld bag as Nara stood up, walking to her cousin. They both stared into each other's eyes as neither backed down from their staring contest. "Ya, oppa," Nara addressed. Mingyu-ssi raised his eyebrows into a perfect arch as all the tensions in her body stiffened, "what?"

"Where is my chocolate?" She asked with her hand opened outwards as Chaerin widened her eyes. The girl was about to drag her aside as Mingyu-ssi spread his arms in a hug gesture. "That's the first question you would ask after all these years?" He scoffed before continuing, "I'm wounded."

To say shocked would be the understatement of the year, Chaerin gasped and marveled to Nara. If she squinted a bit, there was actually a resemblance between the two. They have a pointed jawline and narrow lips; a puppy-like aura surrounds them.

"Anyways," Scoups-ssi chided in, "Ms. Lee, I apologize for the situation before." Before? Her eyebrows furrowed as her mind racked, searching for any memories from a long time ago. She was about to talk when her phone hummed and ignored it. "What hyung is trying to say is that," Dino-ssi began as Seungkwan-ssi interrupted him. "The grocery store!" He yelled as Dino-ssi held him by his shoulders and chuckled at him with a fake smile.

Seungkwan-ssi returned the gesture by sprinting away from him - Dino-ssi chased him. Hoshi-ssi joined in the chasing as her intuitions told her to appease them. Jeonghan-ssi sighed as he crossed his arms, "I am sorry about the two of them," he said.

"It's oka-" Hoshi cut her off as he squished himself up from the broad shoulders of the tall members. "Remember when Scoups-hyung placed his hands over her mouth to shut her up?"

"Unnie," Nara confided as Chaerin concealed her face with her hands in embarrassment. "I know," she replied. Their conversation made the room fall into a deep silence with all frozen.

She seized her wallet, unveiling a couple of bills as she handed her a 10,000 won to her. The crisp texture of her money left her fingers as Chaerin pouted at Nara. But, Nara did not mind it as she was enjoying her suffering. "Why must he do this to me," Chaerin whined as she pointed her finger to Scoups-ssi. Meanwhile, Scoups-ssi does not know what is going on.

"It's a bet," Nara replied as she laughed while she fanned the money to her face. Watching the girls, all seventeen members bellowed into laughter. Some maintained their stomach to stop the laughter, yet it did not work.

A certain someone sensed their cheeks reddened as they observed Chaerin. They looked away with coughing, and he blended into the background. "What bet did you make, noona?" Dokyeom-ssi asked as he nudged the man beside him.

"Oh, we were betting that unnie met K-pop idols before, but she," Nara pointed a look towards her as Chaerin darted away. She accumulated interest in the white wall as she disregarded the snickers. "I did not believe her," she mumbled.

The timer in the room rang as they gasped in realization. It was inevitable to the seventeen members as they bid her goodbye. "Um, you are all welcome to visit my house," she reminded them as a manager compelled them away from the room with force.

"Jeez, you do not have to be rude," Nara mumbled, but Chaerin heard it loud and clear. She raised one of her eyebrows as her mouth was set in a thin line.

"Ya, be careful," Chaerin ordered to the staff. Nara hit her shoulder as she nagged about being respectful to others. Why does she not care about herself? Chaerin scoffed and gave one last look of disappointment to the person.

Their steps halted as Chaerin crossed her arms and looked at Nara. She narrowed her eyes as she spoke, "Kim Nara." Nara looked away as she looked down on the floor, feeling down.

"Why did you let that person drag you away like that?" Chaerin asked with the softest tone she could muster, bending down to reach her height. She grabbed the back of the head and placed it on her shoulders.

Her clothes moistened as tears poured down from Nara's eyes. The girl does not know what to do so Chaerin looked at the distance. She patted the girl's back in succession as it soothed down the crying girl.

Sniffles left the girl's mouth, and Chaerin handed her a white handkerchief to wipe down her tears. She led her down at a vacant brown bench with a view of the people leaving the site. The loud noises from the bustling crowd calmed the tense atmosphere a while ago.

"You can tell me everything," Chaerin said in hushed tones with underlying curiosity. Nara fiddled with her fingers and tucked a stray strand down her face.

"I could say the same to you," Nara murmured and looked at her with sympathy. She lifted one of her brows and sneered as she rubbed her forehead. "What are you talking about?"

"You got angry for me when I got pushed," Nara halted before continuing, "But who will get angry for your behalf?"

Chaerin went tightlipped as she leaned to the chair, glancing at the bright, blue sky. Her mouth was set in a thin line as she heaved a breath. "I got used to it, I guess," she mumbled.

"Remember that you can depend on me," Nara smiled at her as Chaerin felt a burden in her heart lifted. She grinned at her as she propped her arms at the back of her head, "I guess you're stuck with me, Nara."