Chapter 24

A/N: Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to my lovely readers!! You guys give me so much motivation to keep writing. Please enjoy this chapter as my thanks and my gift to you :)

Kirishima's POV
"Oh, come on, baby. Please?"

"Fuck no." I held up two tops by the hangers, one in each hand. Both were nicely knitted and thick enough to keep warm in. One was red with a Christmas tree in the center, the ornaments replaced with tiny multicolored lights. The other was black with Rudolph on the front with a light up nose and bulbs spread around the antlers.

Ugly Christmas sweaters.

"It'll be fuuun!" I coaxed while I lightly shook the sweaters from side to side.

"It'll be embarrassing." He rolled his eyes, but I could see a smirk trying to break its way onto his features. I cracked a sly smile for split second as an idea popped into my head.

My shoulders slumped and my lips turned down into a frown. I puckered out my lower lip so that I fronted a pout. I did my best to make puppy dog eyes and looked up at him. His ruby eyes quickly scanned over my expression, his eyebrows knitting and his lips slightly parting.

"You really don't want to wear an ugly Christmas sweater with me? I didn't think they were that bad..." I looked at the sweaters in fake disappointment. I could see him start to fidget in my peripheral vision. "I'll just.. give them to Midoriya and Todoroki or something. Maybe they'll wear them together," I sighed. As I turned to walk back to my bedroom, he quickly snatched the Christmas tree sweater from my hand.

"Fuck off. This one's mine," he said as he gripped onto it firmly as if I would take it away from him if he let his guard down.

"You don't have to pretend, Kat. I know you don't like them," I continued in my fake sadness. I went to grab the sweater from him, but he stepped back.

"No, I like this one. Die." He looked at me like he was waiting for my reaction. Or maybe more like he was trying to confirm that he said the right thing. I ditched the façade and showed off a toothy grin.

"Really?" I beamed.

"Really." His brows returned to their neutral position as his expression softened and his previous visage was replaced by a faint, but fond smile.

"Yay! I'm gonna go put mine on," I said while I briskly walked to my room. When I came back out I immediately froze. Katsuki was in the middle of taking his shirt off to put on the ugly sweater. My eyes fondled his figure, tracing every outline, vein, and movement of his muscular frame. He was facing my direction, but didn't notice me until he completely pulled his shirt over his head. He smirked at me and holy fuck.

He grabbed the sweater and threw it on before he made his was over to me. Each step that brought him closer made my heart race faster and faster. He stood in front of me and pointed to the side of his mouth.

"You, uh, got a little drool there, Red," he said smirking and then passed me to go into the bathroom. I stood dazed for a few seconds before my brain finally caught up and snapped me back to reality. I quickly closed my mouth and wiped away the nonexistent drool Kat had mentioned. That fucker.

We finally finished getting ready and made a quick bite to eat before heading out. I made idle
talk with Kat's driver, who I found out was named Shoji. He was a real sweet guy in contrast with his intimidating exterior. A gentle giant if you will.

He dropped us off near Koen-dori Street in Shibuya. That was where the illumination event started. It was a long tunnel of sorts that stretched about eight hundred meters, all the way to Yoyogi Park Keyaki Namiki. It would only take a little over an hour to walk through.