Chapter 12

Kirishima's POV
I changed into a pair of black jeans with a dark red coat and a black beanie. I decided to keep my hair down since Bakugou said that he liked it better that way.

By the time I was done getting dressed, Bakugou was still in the shower, so I decided to brush my teeth in one of the spare bathrooms. I wonder if he's had other people here before? Or at least expected to bring guests? It doesn't seem right though because he told me that he usually hikes alone.

I ignored the slight tinge of... jealousy?- in my gut as I made my way back to the bedroom. I walked over to my bag and put my toothbrush back inside the small pocket in the front.

All I had to do now was wait for him to get out. I heard the shower stop a couple of minutes before, but at the moment, I could hear the faucet running. I figured that he was going to need a few more moments before he'd come out, so I told him that I'd be waiting downstairs. He hollered back a quick 'okay' as I left the room.

~Time Skip~

He came downstairs dressed in an outfit that was similar to mine. It was purely casual clothing since we were only going to a park and possibly get some food afterwards. The only differences in our outfits were the colors and the fact that he had on a black face mask. The only things visible were his ruby eyes and blonde eyebrows.

It wasn't too strange seeing him in a mask and a beanie though. I've seen multiple photos of him on the internet caught by paparazzi with him either by himself or with friends while wearing something to hide his face and hair.

"I texted my driver. He won't be long," his voice cut through my thoughts.

"Do we have to hike back down the trail? I don't know if my body will be able to take it if I have to endure that again," I whimpered. He lazily rolled his eyes at me as he started toward a back door. I didn't even know that the door was there if I'm being completely honest. The cabin was so big that pretty much anything can go easily unnoticed.

Bakugou opened the door for me, revealing a little road just outside of the door. I made an 'O' shape with my mouth once I realized that there was another way to get up to the cabin.

I walked out the door and stood on the gravel as I waited for him to lock the back door.

"So how long exactly is your driver going to take?" I questioned. As if on cue, a black SUV pulled up right in front of us. The windows were tinted and everything. If you didn't know that the person in the car was famous, or at least rich, you did now.

The driver's door opened and a tall muscular man with silver hair stepped out. He moved to the back seat and opened the door for us. I looked at Bakugou with a questioning gaze, silently asking if it was okay to go in. Thankfully, he understood what I was getting at as he slightly nudged me with his shoulder to get in the car.

I mumbled a quick thanks to the driver as I got in with Bakugou scooting in shortly after. The driver closed the door and got back to his spot behind the wheel.

I wanted to know what his name was, but something told me that Bakugou most likely didn't care enough to know his real name and probably called him some nickname instead.

"Where to, sir?"

"Wherever the nearest park is," Bakugou huffed. The driver nodded and put the car in reverse. He easily got us down the other side of the mountain and back onto the main road.

The drive to the park was short and comfortably quiet. I stared out the window the whole time, just watching the trees and cars pass by. The people too. Taking in all of the colors that came racing to my line of sight.

When we arrived, I excitedly stepped out of the car, the snow crunching beneath my feet. This park in particular was very special to me. I always came here when I was younger to relax and calm down when something was troubling me.

People were scattered everywhere. Some in groups, some in couples, and some by themselves or with pets. The trees were stripped of their leaves, stray icicles lying dormant in their place. Snowball fights, sledding, and snowman building contests ensued inside the park's gates. Even the lake that was home to many animals in the summer had been frozen over and been remade to fit its new role as an ice skating rink.

There were so many people with smiles on their faces and loud conversations. Just the pure joy of being outside was beautifully portrayed in everyone's features. Well, everyone except for Bakugou. He still held onto his scowl. Even though he was wearing a mask, I could still see it in his eyes.

"Oh, come on. How can you not be smiling right now?"

"How can you be smiling right now?" I rolled my eyes and reached for his hand, but he pulled it away. I flinched as I thought about the nightmare I had and quickly settled on putting my hands in my pockets instead.

"Sorry," I mumbled. I started to walk a few paces ahead. Honestly, I was just really embarrassed and confused. He's said that he likes me. He told me that he isn't disgusted by me, so why didn't he let me hold his hand? Was he just lying to me? Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Kirishima, I-" before he could finish his sentence I lost my footing from him turning me around and I accidentally bumped into someone. I didn't think anything of it and I was about to apologize until I felt a splash of something hot hit the back of my right leg.

I yelped in pain as I stumbled back and fell into the snow below me. I grabbed my leg and massaged some snow into, trying to soothe the heat and pain.

"I'm sorry! Are you okay, dude?" called a voice. It was very soothing, but sounded oddly familiar.

"Yeah, I'm fi-"

"Hey, watch where you're going next time, asshole,"
Bakugou growled.

"Bakugou, I'm fine. Calm down," I said as a hand reached down to help me up. I glared at Bakugou, but he just rolled his eyes and turned his head away.

As I stood up, I continued to rub the back of my leg. I looked over to see what exactly had splashed onto me only to see an empty cup on the ground with the words 'Hot Chocolate' printed on the side.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I spilled your hot chocolate. Let me get you a new one," I said frantically.

"No, please, it's quite alright. Don't trouble yourself," the man responded. It was only then that I looked up to see who I was actually talking to. He was taller than me by a few inches with blue-ish grey eyes and brown hair. It wasn't short, but it wasn't long enough to go past his ears. At that moment, it clicked. I knew who he was all too well.

"T-Tomo?"

A/N: Hey! Long time no see, haha. This chapter took me forever and I kind of hate it, but oh well. The next few chapters will start introducing the main problem in the plot. Also, I don't know the name of Kirishima's friend (the one on the far right of the picture), but someone else called him Tomo and I like it so I'm using it. Happy Quarantine, lol! See you next time >:D