Chapter 14

The song for this chapter is The Search by NF. I do not own this song, nor did I participate in its creation.
________________________________
Kirishima's POV
My eyes sparkled as we walked into his studio. It was such a surreal feeling to be in the room where some of my favorite songs were written and recorded. I turned and smiled at Bakugou. I was practically staring at him with stars in my eyes.

"The fuck you looking at me like that for?" He grumbled as he set down the bag that our food was in on a small table in front of a black couch.

"Sorry, it's just... this is where it all happens! It's amazing," I admire.

"Glad you think so. Now get over here and eat." I gladly plopped down on the spot next to him on the couch. He was kind enough to pay for my food, although I really didn't want him to.

He took the food out of the bag and placed mine in front of me along with the plastic silverware that came with it. I had a regular bowl of ramen and he had some mixed with different spices for that extra heat. He wasn't kidding when he said that he loved spicy food.

As I ate, my eyes wondered about the room. It wasn't at all what I imagined it would look like, but I'm not disappointed. There are a few things here and there that I could tell were a clash between his taste and Kaminari's sense of style. Specifically the furniture. There was simply no consistent color scheme, or any theme for that matter. Everything was just kind of... there.

"Hey, you wanna hear something cool?" he asked. I jumped a little from his small break of our silence while we were chewing our food, but it thankfully wasn't enough for him to notice.

"Sure!" He got up from the spot he was in and started touching a few things on the system that sat just a few feet in front of where I was sitting. Music quietly filled the speakers. He turned around to look at me and gave me a sly smirk while he slowly turned up the volume.

The music was smooth with a clean bass line. He started the song somewhere in the middle, meaning he either hasn't recorded the first half, or he wanted me to hear his favorite part.

"Been makin a whole lot of changes
Wrote a song about that you should play it
I get scared when I walk on these stages
I look at the crowd and see so many faces
Yeah
That's when I start to get anxious
That's when my thoughts can be dangerous
That's when I put on my makeup
And drown in self-hatred forget what I'm sayin and...
Where the beat go?

Ohh
Ain't that somethin'
Drums came in you ain't see that comin'
Hands on my head can't tell me nothin'
Gotta taste of the fame had to pump my stomach
Throw it back up like I don't want it
Wipe my face clean off my vomit
OCD tryna push my buttons
I said don't touch it
Now y'all done it
I can be critical
Never typical
Intricate with every syllable
I'm a criminal
Intimate but never political
Pretty visual
Even if you hate it I make you feel like you're in it though
You call me what you wanna but never call me forgettable
Leave you deep in thought I could never swim in the kiddy pool
Way that I be thinkin' is cinematic it's beautiful
Man I don't know if I'm makin' movies or music videos"

The beat continued to play, but the vocals stopped, which I took to mean that he hadn't finished recording the song yet. He turned off the sound and turned to me.

"So?"

"Holy shit... that was so cool! That part where you brought the beat back in and the times where you cut it off for a second, but then dropped it again! And don't even get me started on how you started rapping really fast. Just... wow. I can't believe I just listened to one of the Ground Zero's unreleased songs!" I bounced a little in my seat on the cushion. He shook his head with a smirk as he sat back down next to me.