Chapter 25

⚠️Trigger Warning: Homophobia⚠️

Kirishima's POV
Only three more days were left until the official start of Katsuki's tour. If someone had told me that I'd be here at this point in my life, I would've never believed them. It's quite funny how quickly things can change. We went from complete strangers, to living together and practically engaged... well as close as you can get with promise rings.

Moving in with him was pretty easy. I sold a majority of my furniture since I wouldn't have any place for it at Katsuki's. I kept the bigger things like my sofa, tv, and bed in a storage unit just in case though. I used the money from my sold furniture to help pay the fee for breaking my lease. Kat offered to pay it, but I refused. I put the remainder in my savings account.

It wasn't difficult to adjust to living with him since we practically lived with each other before. Still, it was nice to not have to go back and forth to each other's places. I'm sure Shoji appreciated the move as well.

Anyway, I had decided to go out and pick up a few things at the supermarket a couple streets down. It was basically last minute shopping to triple check that I had everything I needed for the tour. Kat was with his team, so I honestly had nothing better to do.

"Toothpaste... check," I mumbled to myself as I threw the box in the basket. I looked down at the list I made on my phone and started toward the next item. "Deodorant... check. Shampoo and conditioner... check. Katsuki's favorite chips... check." As I continued, I started to notice something. More like someone.

It wasn't too obvious, but I could've sworn I passed by the same man at least twenty times in the span of the fifteen minutes that I had been in the store. Could I have been paranoid? Sure. But it was a big enough store that I shouldn't have seen him as often as I did.

I turned down the last aisle to get some hair dye since my roots were starting to show. As I was looking for the brand I usually bought, I heard someone clear their throat from beside me. It was the man.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Am I in your way? I didn't mean to take up the aisle," I chuckled nervously. He smiled.

"No, no, it's quite alright." He stood and stared with the same smile on his face, not making an effort to move or say anything else. I returned a smile before I turned back around and searched for the boxed dye again. He didn't say a word, nor did he move a muscle as he stood there. Where was that fucking dye? My heartbeat was starting to pick up speed. His presence was undeniably disturbing and was making me feel very uncomfortable. "What color?"

"Huh?" I flinched at the sudden voice.

"What color are you looking for?" I eyed him. He couldn't have been more than a few inches taller than me, but for some reason it felt like he managed to tower over me, even from a few feet away. He looked anywhere from his late thirties to mid forties and was dressed in a rather nice cream colored suit. His most noticeable feature was his deep green eyes. They stood out against his pale complexion.

"Uhh, red," I smiled nervously. Should I text Kat?

"Hm." I turned back again, this time frantically scanning over the colors. I didn't feel safe enough to calm myself down. The different shades and colors all started to blend together. I couldn't focus. Then I saw it. There's no way I would've missed it after he had stood so still before. He moved. Just a step. A step closer, too close at that. My heart was practically leaping out of my chest.

"Y'know what? Maybe I'll just let my roots grow out a little more. They're not too bad anyway. I'll see you around," I gave my best smile despite the unnerving feeling in the pit of my stomach. My smile quickly faltered as his once smiling face stared back at me with a slight look of judgement.