Chapter 7

Kirishima's POV
It's been three months since Bakugou told me that he was gay. I promised him that I wouldn't tell anyone who didn't already know and I intend to take that promise to my grave.

He also told me that he thought I was attractive and I literally couldn't stop blushing. I never would've thought in a million years that someone like Bakugou would return my feelings.

Right before the others came back, we had exchanged numbers. I made his contact name 'Blasty🧡', but I didn't show him because he refused to show me what he made mine. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing, but I didn't let it bother me.

Ever since that night, we've been texting and hanging out almost every day. We agreed that we should get to know each other more before jumping into a relationship.

I've been enjoying getting to know him and finding out new things about him every day. I found out that he enjoys hiking, so we went on a hike together a few days ago.

The weather was kind of brutal. And by brutal, I mean I was freezing my ass off. Yes, it's December, but usually snow doesn't come until the end of the month. So what if it was two days before Christmas Eve? That's not the point! I was freezing.

When we went on the hike, Bakugou was surprisingly patient with me. I exercise of course, but that's in the gym. I often needed breaks to catch my breath since I'm not used to hiking. We got stopped a few times anyway for fans to take pictures with him. He really can't go anywhere without being recognized, can he? Poor Baku.

Anyway, my point is that even though he has a rough exterior, he's actually very thoughtful and caring. He just has a twisted way of showing it. Bakugou really is a sweet guy.

For example, he's an amazing cook. Like... Gordon Ramsey kind of amazing. I went to his house for dinner one night and he cooked a whole ass steak for me because Kaminari told him that I love meat.

Speaking of dinner, I'm actually at his house right now for that reason. I was exploring his house while he was cooking. I offered to help, but he told me that I suck at cooking... which is true.

His house was huge. I don't know what someone would consider a mansion, but if I had to take a guess, his place would be an option.

It was very clean and neatly decorated. It honestly looked like Bakugou had just moved in. It also smells nice. I can't pinpoint an actual sent, but I'd say that it's a mix of caramel and firewood. It could be because he has a fireplace, but that's besides the point.

"Shitty Hair! Food's ready," he called.

"Coming!" I made my way to his bathroom to touch up my hair. I always keep it in spikes. I had a lot of insecurities when I was younger, although it's not like much has changed. I was quiet because of this, so I didn't have a lot of friends.

When I got into high school, I wanted to be someone different, the person I truly wanted to be. I ended up dying my hair red, styling it into spikes, and started acting all happy.

I got more friends that way, so I'm not complaining. My high school tendencies still linger though. Even though it was all just an act, I actually became somewhat happier. The only thing that I couldn't change was my insecurities, but I try to hide them.

Anyway, I'm trying to not let the past hurt me anymore. I decided about two years ago that I'd put it behind me and ignore it. So far, everything's fine.

I left the bathroom, turned down a few halls, and entered the living room. The living room was combined with the dining room and the kitchen, so it's all just one giant space. It's only being separated by a wall that surrounds the kitchen, which has a beautiful arched opening.