Chapter 1

Author's Note: Hey guys! I just want you to know that even though I'm writing this story, I'm still writing "Let There Be Love". I just get these really good ideas for a "sad" Niall story that would never belong to that book, and I want to share them. Well, here's the first chapter. Let me know what you think because I always love hearing from you guys. --Ekat =)

---

Hannah’s P.O.V.

            When people look at me, I can see the pity in their eyes. But what they don’t realize is that I don’t want it. I don’t want their pity; I don’t want them to feel sorry for me. I just want them to leave me alone. Why is this so hard for people to understand? More importantly, why is this so hard for my mother to understand? Every morning, I have to wake up, and listen to her lecture me about living life to the fullest, and to enjoy it. To be honest, I’m getting quite sick of it. She thinks that I can’t feel her sadness, but when you feel like you can’t sink any lower like me, you gain the ability to see right through people, and see their true emotions. All the time, she tries to get me out of her room. Normally, I just ignore her, and do what I want. Today on the other hand, I’m not in the mood to hear her bitch, so I’ll just surprise her, and walk downstairs on my own. But seeing as how she expects me to be up in my room, she didn’t expect me to hear the conversation she’s having on the phone.

            “I’m just worried about her is all,” my mother said into the phone. “She stays up in her room all the time, and you can see the life draining from her eyes.”

            Who the hell is she talking to?

            “I think that once she sees you, she’ll start to get that spark back,” my mother continued, oblivious to the fact that I’m standing right behind her as she paces back and forth in the living room. “I just don’t know what to do anymore Liam. My hopes are that after spending some time with you and the boys, she’ll open up about what’s bothering her, and get back to the old Hannah that we know and love.”

            It’s amazing how she has the ability to piss me off with the least amount of words possible.

            “I’ll see you soon honey; I have to go and wake Hannah up now,” my mum said into the phone, ending their phone conversation. When she turned around and saw me standing there, she looked scared. Good. “Good morning Hannah, how are this morning?”

            “Okay, let’s cut the crap mum,” I told her. “Why is Liam coming here?”

            “Oh, so you did hear that,” she replied, looking down at her feet. You’re damn right I heard it.

            “Yeah; Oh, and the line about the life draining from my eyes was my favorite by the way,” I quoted, sarcasm present in my tone.

            “There’s no need to be rude Hannah,” my mum told me in a disapproving tone.

            “Whatever,” I muttered under my breath. “So why is Liam coming?”

            “Your brother’s coming to pick you up,” she replied, turning around, and heading to the kitchen.

            “Why?” I questioned, a little annoyed by her lack of an answer.

            “You’ll be staying with him and the boys for a while,” she answered me.

            “WHAT!” I yelled, my voice echoing through the house. “Why?”

            “Because I want you to get better,” she started, but I’m not in the mood to hear this speech again.

            “Okay, you need to stop,” I said, pointing my finger in her direction. “Stop acting like I’m broken, and need to be fixed. I’m not some helpless little girl that you can force to be happy. I’m seventeen for God’s sakes. I just want to live my life, and be left alone. I don’t see why you can’t accept that.”