Chapter 11

Author's Note: Well, I've been so impressed with the amount of reads on all of stories today. Seriously, you guys have given "We Found Love" an extra 1,000+ reads in just the last twelve hours. I love that you love the story, as well as this one. For this chapter, the big secret gets revealed, and a little drama towards the end. Eh, every story needs a little drama, and even though I tried my best to keep the drama out of "We Found Love", I'm not making any promises for "Leave Me Alone" ;) Hopefully, you're enjoying the story so far, and I hope you stick with me like you have in the past. Let me know what you think of the new addition! --Ekat =D

---

Niall’s P.O.V.

            “Hannah, what’s wrong love?” I asked, sitting down next to her, cuddling her into my side. Usually I feel awkward when I watch other people cry in front of me, because I have no idea what I’m supposed to do, or how I’m supposed to feel. But in this moment, all I feel is sadness and anger, and I just want to hold her in my arms, and tell her everything will be alright. Even though I can’t promise that, I just want to make everything better in this moment in time. To see a smile on her face would mean the world to me right now. “I hate seeing you cry, so can you tell me so I can try to make it better?”

            “As much as I would love that Niall, there’s nothing anyone can say or do to make it better,” she cried, sobbing into my shoulder. I held her as she started shaking. The trembling of her body against mine only made me hold her tighter. What promise could Liam have broken that could make her feel like this? Wait a minute.

            “Hannah, does this have anything to do with your scars?” I asked, fearing that she won’t want to talk about it, and she’ll just shut down completely. So when I felt her nod her head while it was pushed into my chest, a bitter-sweet feeling came over for me. I’m happy that she didn’t freak out about me asking, but I’m a little bummed out and a little confused as to what a broken promise with Liam has to do with her cutting. I swear to God that if he’s the cause of her cutting, I will end him. Seriously, there won’t be a force on this Earth strong enough to hold me back from killing him. “Please, can you tell me what happened?”

            She lifted her head from my chest, and I wiped the tears away from her eyes. She sniffled before looking at me with a serious look in her eyes. “Are you sure you want to know?”

            I nodded my head, and she got a little more serious, trying to peer into my soul. I know that she’s looking for something, and I know exactly what it is. Even though I may not know what the cause of her pain is, I can see that she wants to know that I won’t look at her any different, or treat her any different just because of events from her past.

            “Hannah, you can trust me,” I said, sending a powerful look her way, making sure she could see that I mean what I say. “I want to know when you hurt, and why. I can see that you’ve gone through so much, and I only want to be there to support you. So please baby, tell me.”

            She took in a deep breath, and looked at me with sympathy. It’s almost like she was telling me she was sorry for having to burden me with all of the things from her past. The look on my face didn’t change. I didn’t want to give her any chance to make an excuse to not tell me.

            “Back home, my brother and I were really close with this one guy since our childhood,” Hannah started explaining.

            “Aaron?” I questioned, trying to recall what Liam was telling me just a few minutes earlier. She nodded her head, indicating that I was right.

            “Yeah,” she replied, shuddering at the name. “Well, the three of us would hang out all the time. Then when it came time for Liam to leave for tour, he promised me that no one would ever hurt me, and that Aaron would always protect me while Liam wasn’t there. At first he was right; Aaron did protect me. We even started dating a few weeks after Liam left.”