Three

Vic's POV
I was actually pretty sad when Kellin rejected my attempt to hang out with him. He was cute and he seemed nice, but that's not what I noticed best.

There was something different about Kellin but I don't know what it is yet.

Of course I got to school early, because my mom had to be at work before school started so she just dropped me off. I had no other choice considering nobody knows me yet.
-
After an hour of sitting down on a cafeteria bench and listening to music, a familiar black hoodie caught my attention from the corner of me eye.

I put my phone and earbuds away and nervously walked up to Kellin.

"Hey! Kelvin!" I said

He whipped his head around like he didn't know who I was talking to.
"Kelvin?" He asked.

"Holy crap. Did I call you that? I'm so sorry, I meant Kellin."

I smiled lightly. I was so embarrassed. How did I mess this up?
He smiled back but I could tell he didn't mean it.

"So um... about yesterday..." He said.

That made look up.

"Yeah, what about it?" I replied, wondering what he could possibly be thinking about.
"I've changed my mind. I guess we can hang out sometime."

My smile grew so wide that it spread across my cheeks from ear to ear.

"Wait. Really?!" I exclaimed.

"I-I mean...so Saturday sounds good? I'll pick you up at seven." I corrected myself.
He nodded his head and simply walked away. The second he was out of sight, I "cha-chinged" myself with a smile in my heart and brain.
°
Kellin's POV
Why? WHYYYYYYY? Why did I tell Vic that I would go with him on Saturday. I know myself. I don't do social interactions!!! I can't believe I let him change my mind. I guess I'm just gonna have to deal with it.
°
"Hey mom, our new neighbor wants to hang out on Saturday? Is that okay?" I asked.

Of course she'd say yes, (which she did). She doesn't care what happens to me.
"Mhm" she replied. Barely even a real answer.
°
SATURDAY
*knock knock knock*
Is he already here? Crap. I'm not ready!

The sound of another three knocks came through the door so I opened after fixing my hair one last time.

He smiled brightly once I opened the door.

"Hey." He said warmly.
I waved slightly in response as a drop of water fell from my hair to the floor.
"Sorry. I just took a shower." I said.
"I can tell. You smell nice." He replied and giggled.
His giggle was cute. HE was cute.

...wait what?
------------------------------------
I'll write more. Do you guys want to hear about the date or go straight to after the date?

Goal: 3 comments 2 votes